Soda package

dippydoo

is it possible to just purchase a soda only card?

No. That option was eliminated maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. The only package is the soda & more package for US$8.05/day.

"Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing."

• 5 months later...

Princess needs to update this. It is on the main website but in cruise personalizer they still have this:

Unlimited Soda & More Package

Includes the Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout the cruise.

Confusing to new cruisers who would have no idea what the Ultimate Soda Package was.

Since they did away with the soda only I bring my own diet coke. One problem I always had with the soda card was getting regular coke when I ordered diet. Yes I can tell the difference. Now I bring my own diet coke on board. Diabetics cannot drink the "more" because it's all sugar laden so it makes $8.05 a day a ridiculous price for diet cokes.

Oh I didn't realise this, I was really hoping to get just a soda package, I don't want the virgin cocktails etc. We have been able to get fountain soda package only in the past.

Yup. The old package was about $5 a day and worth it for us. If I want a frozen drink will buy it with alcohol. So now we just convert the whole minibar (Elite benefit) to 20 Diet Coke and bring along a 12-pack or two, depending on length of cruise. Princess gets less income from us.

Other cruise lines had the higher soda & more packages and Princess went the same way.

Since they did away with the soda only I bring my own diet coke. One problem I always had with the soda card was getting regular coke when I ordered diet. Yes I can tell the difference. Now I bring my own diet coke on board. Diabetics cannot drink the "more" because it's all sugar laden so it makes $8.05 a day a ridiculous price for diet cokes.

I drink a lot of soda, but zero "and more" Being forced to buy the higher priced package

was very annoying, helped me reach my tipping point.

Yes, but it's only fountain soda, from a gun. No cans included.

I think it's $8.05 per day, and must be purchased for the entire cruise.

Check your cruise personalizer to see what the total would be for your cruise

If you have the soda and more package and you want soda, can you ask for a can of soda, instead of soda by the gun....or will you be charged for the can of soda?

On our upcoming cruise, one of my tasks for the day before (we are flying in early) is a trip to the grocery store. With 2 girls who like soda, the bill on board would be $160. Sure, it is a little bit of a hassle to carry it on, but well worth the savings.

However... on the Caribbean Princess this January, DH and I were able to purchase "Soda Only" stickers at roughly $5 per day per person. We got them through the dining room waitstaff during lunch on embarkation day. It might be worth your while to ask around once you are on the ship!

However... on the Caribbean Princess this January, DH and I were able to purchase "Soda Only" stickers at roughly $5 per day per person. We got them through the dining room waitstaff during lunch on embarkation day. It might be worth your while to ask around once you are on the ship!

On our last cruise, I tried to purchase the "soda only" package and was told that it was no longer available. About 20 minutes later, I saw someone purchase it at a different table. I even hung around to talk with her afterward to be sure that what I thought I saw was indeed correct.

The problem is that I can't know whether or not I can buy the "soda only" package until after I'm on the ship, and at that time it is too late to buy soda to bring on board. Based on this, I will buy it and carry it on. If there were any way to know for sure that I could get the "soda only" on board, I'd probably save myself the hassle, but given that it is impossible to know.....well, may as well buy what they really want rather than paying more for a substitute on board.

The problem is that I can't know whether or not I can buy the "soda only" package until after I'm on the ship' date=' and at that time it is too late to buy soda to bring on board. Based on this, I will buy it and carry it on. If there were any way to know for sure that I could get the "soda only" on board, I'd probably save myself the hassle, but given that it is impossible to know.....well, may as well buy what they really want rather than paying more for a substitute on board.[/quote']

Exactly, I will bring mine on board too. Princess looses the $4 +15% per day for the soda only card that I used to buy every sailing. Now they earn nothing from me on diet cokes.

I have gotten root beer from a can poured into a glass for the last couple of years with the soda and more. They will not give me a can but it does not just need to come out of the gun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

True, this was the one exception listed on the soda and more package. The soda only package, if they sell it, is stuff from a gun only.

If you have the soda and more package and you want soda, can you ask for a can of soda, instead of soda by the gun....or will you be charged for the can of soda?

Sorry

No cans. Gun only on the soda package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True' date=' this was the one exception listed on the soda and more package. The soda only package, if they sell it, is stuff from a gun only.[/quote']

We were surprised to see the soda only sticker sold on the Caribbean Princess this past January. Maybe it is because they are trying to attract families to this ship.

We were surprised to see the soda only sticker sold on the Caribbean Princess this past January. Maybe it is because they are trying to attract families to this ship.

Problem is that by the time you find out about it you have already brought some cases onboard. Not worth risk of waiting since they have officially eliminated the soda-only sticker and made a big deal about not selling it.