Alcohol and Royal Caribbean

swanmark

Two bottles of 750ml wine per stateroom is allowed. No hard liquor is allowed. Security at all ports does a check for spirits. Hand bags and suitcases you bring with you are checked. I have seen security confiscate liquor that cruisers have tried to smuggle on board in soda bottles and other containers.

I think there's a good chance that prohibited alcohol caught during initial embarkation would be lost.

Always understood that smuggled alcohol, such as rum runners, mouthwash bottles, etc. was lost - alcohol dumped. However, thought unopened, sealed bottles were tagged and could be claimed; similar to those brought on board at a port of call.

Never tried, but this is what I have read previously. Don't know for sure.

Always understood that smuggled alcohol, such as rum runners, mouthwash bottles, etc. was lost - alcohol dumped. However, thought unopened, sealed bottles were tagged and could be claimed; similar to those brought on board at a port of call.

Never tried, but this is what I have read previously. Don't know for sure.

I don't know from personal experience either, but I know the FAQ used to mention losing alcohol brought on during initial embarkation.

I don't believe ANY of the mainstream lines allow you to bring booze.... cuts into their "bottom line".

Disney did but I believe they stoped recently, never had a problem hiding booze did this on dozens of cruises, stopped a few years ago since I get the drink package

This last Sunday I saw the "naughty room" re-claim table and there were no booze bottles waiting to be claimed. I saw some power strips, plastic light saber, and a couple of super soaker squirt guns. But there was no booze. Unless they have you claim it on board along with any duty free stuff you bought.

Alcohol that was still in the original sealed container was very nicely seized during the check of my carry-on. The agent was very nice and polite. The offending booze was returned to us the last night along with the rum I'd purchased on the islands.

It is my understanding that alcohol in anything other than its pristine condition is seized and destroyed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk