Chef's Table on the Ruby

Gator83

• 3 months later...

As soon as you get to your cabin call the DINE line to request the Chef's Table. They will put your name on the list. Within 24-48 hours you will be advised whether you've been given a seat. The one time I did it, it was closer to 24 hours.

Procedures vary from ship to ship--I was on the Crown Princess--but my invitation arrived in my cabin's mailbox on the afternoon of the first full day of the cruise. Included with the invitation were instructions on when and where to meet the Maitre d' and a release we had to sign indicating that we had no allergies.

Typically, there is only one Chef's Table per cruise, and it is up to the Maitre d' and the Exective Chef to determine the date.

Again, procedures vary from ship to ship. Also, different chef's have different policies about accommodating allergies. There was no such accommodation when we did it. However, I have read many reports, here on Cruise Critic, that food allergies have been accommodated.

How is it best to get on the Chef's Table? I want to do this specially for my anniversary. Is it just one assigned night? Is it first come first serve?

On embarkation day you can contact the dine line at noon. Ask to be put on the list for chef's table. You can also ask the head waiter at the MDR if you eat there for embarkation lunch.

They usually do one chefs table on a 7 day cruise, 2 on a 10 day cruise and 2-3 on a 15 day cruise. It depends on interest. You won't know what day chef table is, or if you've been selected until you get the letter. We've been lucky enough to have done it three times.

It's great for a special occasion cruise. We've loved it every time. My favorite was on the Royal.