How would I know if the Beverage Package is on sale or the regular price?

Thinking of possibly doing the Ultimate Beverage Package for Freedom of the Seas when we sail in Feb.

I have seen mention of packages being discounted or in sale. How do I know what the regular price is as opposed to a discounted price since it varies by ship.

Right now it is $55 a day not including the 18% gratuity.

Thanks for any clarification.

Read threads from people who sail Freedom between now and February and you will see what the trend is for that ship. Once it appears in your planner at the lowest number people have seen or at a number you are comfortable with, buy it. You can always cancel it and repurchase if the price goes down.

Sorry to jump on your post but... do all adults in the room have to get the same beverage package? Not new to RC but back after 10 year they didn't have packages when we cruised last on RC. Would like a sale if that's the case. We just booked for January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to jump on your post but... do all adults in the room have to get the same beverage package? Not new to RC but back after 10 year they didn't have packages when we cruised last on RC. Would like a sale if that's the case. We just booked for January.

At this time, no not all in the cabin have to get the same package. However, the cruise line is "testing" a new policy on 8 sailings on harmony. They are requiring all that are of age to buy an alcohol package if one in the cabin does.

Thinking of possibly doing the Ultimate Beverage Package for Freedom of the Seas when we sail in Feb.

I have seen mention of packages being discounted or in sale. How do I know what the regular price is as opposed to a discounted price since it varies by ship.

Right now it is $55 a day not including the 18% gratuity.

Thanks for any clarification.

The drink package picture in your planner will have a 20% off printed over it.

At this time, no not all in the cabin have to get the same package. However, the cruise line is "testing" a new policy on 8 sailings on harmony. They are requiring all that are of age to buy an alcohol package if one in the cabin does.

So, no one knows what the situation will be on your cruise in January. If you were sailing now, ready4sun, the answer would be "no, not everyone has to buy an alcoholic beverage package", but by January, RC could have decided that the trial on Harmony was a success, and the entire fleet will have the requirement.

From the 5 cruises I have booked, $55 (plus 18%) seems to be the norm on US sailings. There also seems to be several offerings of Deluxe and VOOM for $54.

Somebody mentioned on my Roll Call, that my Sept. sailing dropped to $44 for the Deluxe. It was gone the next day. Be sure to watch your Roll Call.

You can always cancel and repurchase it it drops.

It might say "XX% off on board" or "pre-cruise deal". In November 2016 on Allure I bought it at 20% off for $44 and then on board it was $56. Our October 2017 on Oasis was "20% off" at $46 and jumped overnight to the "pre-cruise deal" now at $55. The Deluxe + Voom has never changed at $59. It's always a good idea to buy it if it looks cost effective to you. If the price goes down you cancel and buy it again.

Also, with RCCL testing the waters on making everybody purchase; at least if you buy it now they can't force you to purchase a second if you don't want one.

My sister, who is cruising with my mom and I at the end of September (7 night-AOS) just booked the drink program and her price was $363.44 and did not include internet. Does anyone know if this is a decent deal and if it includes the 18% gratuity? Thanks!

My sister, who is cruising with my mom and I at the end of September (7 night-AOS) just booked the drink program and her price was $363.44 and did not include internet. Does anyone know if this is a decent deal and if it includes the 18% gratuity? Thanks!

That's $44 per day, which is a typical sale price. Not bad at all.

That is $44 per day which is the best sales price I have been able to get. If you do the math, yes, it includes the 18% gratuity.

• 3 months later...

FYI - if you cruise on or after December 31, 2017 and one person in your cabin buys the alcohol package, all adults in that cabin will be required to buy one as well. I spoke to a "resolution manager" with RCL today as we are cruising on Oasis in a couple weeks and on the Rhapsody in January. My husband always bought the beer package, however beginning December 31, 2017, fleet wide, if one person in the cabin buys the alcohol package, all adults in that cabin over 21 are required to buy (even if they don't drink). Does not matter to RCL if the other adult is a non-drinker. I explained to the resolution manager that I have a medical condition and explained to the "resolution manager " what is was and that it does not allow me to drink......does not matter. So much for the "exceptions" that I saw on one website of pregnant; medical condition; personal preference and/or religion. Needless to say, even though we are Diamond Plus, Rhapsody will be our last cruise. Thanks for the compassion RCL...NOT!