Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center walking to Erato cruse port

Buckimion

You can't go through the convention center. You have to walk around part of it, but it isn't a bad walk as long as you are not hauling a bunch of luggage, and the weather cooperates.

Walk towards the river one block to Convention Center Blvd. Take a left. The first stop light you come to is Julia Street. Go right on Julia and you will take the escalator or elevator up to the Riverwalk Outlet Mall. Walk straight across and you will find double doors that lead to a walkway along the river. At the end you will go down a flight of stairs and you will be at the terminal. You will be able to see the ship from Convention Center Blvd. and you pretty much follow your nose.

At the end you will go down a flight of stairs

Nope. Wheelchair/scooter user, and I'm to understand there is no elevator at this point..

I suppose I can scoot around from the Julia St. crossing as we've traversed the entire length from Mardi Gras World to the Aquarium before. I was just hoping to avoid crossing behind the dock areas again.

There is no elevator.

There is a shorter route you can take than going completely around the convention center. Follow the route I described above, but instead of going through the Riverwalk, you can scoot down the roadway that parallels the railroad tracks to the Erato Street terminal. It will be a little hairy since you will be going against traffic, but a lot shorter.