What wines are included in drinks' package and dining times

AnnieC

We haven't cruised on FO for about eight years, but have just booked and been offered the drinks' package.

Perhaps I'm a bit dim, but it seems that we're expected to part with £15 pppn, with little information as to what is actually included. We only drink the odd glass of wine every day, but are slightly picky about what it is - looking at the bar wine list that someone recently kindly posted, and the FO website, the only wines included are the 'house wines', of which there is, according to the website, a choice of three, whereas I can only see one on the bar menu. Do I understand correctly that if we choose, for example, the Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc, it is not included, and will be charged at half price as part of the package, or is it included?

If not, does anyone happen to know what the house wines on offer actually are, and who produces them?

My other question concerns dining - I gather that FO now wants £2 pppn to select a dining time. Is late or early likely to be more popular?

On Freedom fare you can select your dining time at no charge, but on Anchor fare you are allocated a dining time and the £2pppn is charged if you wish to change it.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Hi,just debating whether to book Balmoral 2 Oct, never been on TO before but know that on PO the early seating is most popular. I always chose saver tickets because always put on late sitting,which suits me fine.

Really concerned about the pokey cabins I've heard about, got the money ready to buy!

Hi,just debating whether to book Balmoral 2 Oct, never been on TO before but know that on PO the early seating is most popular. I always chose saver tickets because always put on late sitting,which suits me fine.

Really concerned about the pokey cabins I've heard about, got the money ready to buy!

Have you looked at the ships information for Balmoral, it gives you the square footage for each cabin grade. We always sail Braemar which has slightly smaller cabins than Balmoral. You can also use a web site called cruise mapper to compare FO cabin sizes to other cruise line cabin sizes.

Pugwash123

We haven't cruised on FO for about eight years, but have just booked and been offered the drinks' package.

Perhaps I'm a bit dim, but it seems that we're expected to part with £15 pppn, with little information as to what is actually included. We only drink the odd glass of wine every day, but are slightly picky about what it is - looking at the bar wine list that someone recently kindly posted, and the FO website, the only wines included are the 'house wines', of which there is, according to the website, a choice of three, whereas I can only see one on the bar menu. Do I understand correctly that if we choose, for example, the Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc, it is not included, and will be charged at half price as part of the package, or is it included?

If not, does anyone happen to know what the house wines on offer actually are, and who produces them?

My other question concerns dining - I gather that FO now wants £2 pppn to select a dining time. Is late or early likely to be more popular?

The full wine list can be downloaded from the same web page that has the link to the bar menu, the link is located lower down the script and is not immediately obvious. The list is in price order, highest prices first. We always have the drinks package and buy the mid priced wines at dinner and drink the house wines at lunch. We also have the odd pre-dinner drink and maybe an after dinner drink as well, so we usually get a good deal. In my experience Fred has one of the best value drinks packages of any cruise line.

Pugwash123

They left a paper with the details of the AI package in the cabin. There were indeed three white and three red wines listed, but unfortunately all I remember is that I was drinking a chardonnay and my husband a merlot. Both seemed fine to us. There is also cava included if you prefer sparkling.

Thanks, Malch, for clarifying my post. Is early or late likely to be more popular?
I think early dinner will be the most popular but if you are tempted by Afternoon Tea maybe late sitting would be advisable.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Have you looked at the ships information for Balmoral, it gives you the square footage for each cabin grade. We always sail Braemar which has slightly smaller cabins than Balmoral. You can also use a web site called cruise mapper to compare FO cabin sizes to other cruise line cabin sizes.

Pugwash123

Thanks Pugwash, FO state their cabin size ok it's the other that confuse with total cabin and balcony areas. Balmoral outside cabin 165sq ' , that's all I can find. P &O say theirs are between 175 and 200 but include balcony.

#confused