Xlendi:

crepe

This doesn't answer your question but our recent cruise itinerary had Xlendi as the stop but we stopped in Mgarr (at the bottom, between the 2 islands) so never got to Xlendi. (There didn't seem to be much in Mgarr.)

We were also supposed to stop at Xlendi but went to Mgarr (Gozo ferry terminal). There is nothing to see there and difficult to walk so a taxi is recommended. It was our least favourite port so I would recommend a tour of Gozo otherwise just stay on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can echo these comments. Our upcoming cruise lists XLendi, but every shiptracker I spotted when the ship visited Gozo showed it anchored off MGarr. So I specifically asked Seabourn, and they confirmed it is Mgarr, not Xlendi. I suggested they update passengers on this for all those who do their own shore trip planning, but they never did. I don't understand their reasons at all for claiming the stop is in Xlendi.

I believe that ships did stop at Xlendi in previous years, but they had trouble with the mooring there. Its a shame as although its been spoiled by greed its still nice to visit. I agree that Seabourn really ought to update their info. You can have a swim with the locals at Mgarr if you walk round to the right of the port once off the ship. Its only a pocket handkerchief beach just past the breakwater, but still enjoyable if you can bear the walk in the heat.

We were also supposed to stop at Xlendi but went to Mgarr (Gozo ferry terminal). There is nothing to see there and difficult to walk so a taxi is recommended. It was our least favourite port so I would recommend a tour of Gozo otherwise just stay on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the information I revised my plans and booked an excursion!

In Gozo we also caught the Hop on Hop off bus and were really pleasantly surprised. The bus goes all over the island, and the driver was very obliging, stopping at key sites. Coming from Australia, we were very chuffed to see several Australian symbols, like kangaroos, on the houses, assuming that the occupants had migrated from Malta to Australia p, post WW2, and had returned to Gozo to retire. The balconies on many of the buildings are very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be boarding Encore shortly. To my disappointment, I just found out that Seabourn apparently decided at least as early as December 2016 not to go to Xlendi, but to Mgharr:

http://crew-center.com/mgarr-gozo-cruise-ship-arrival-schedule-2017

It is an insult to passengers not to give correct cruise port information and to state that Xlendi is their Gozo destination

We're in Gozo on the Sept 26th visit and were thinking of using the HoHo bus as well. But it's a tender port, and we're only there from 08:00 to 15:00 . Allowing time for tendering, and the fact the 1st HoHo bus doesn't start till 9:45 and the route is (I believe) 90 minutes, we felt is was just too tight to allow much time to visit the sites.

Yes, it's still possible, but be sure to check out all the timings. We backed off and signed up for a ship's excursion.

... Seabourn apparently decided at least as early as December 2016 not to go to Xlendi, but to Mgharr...

On our recent (3 weeks ago) Encore port stop in Gozo we were told we were docking in Mgarr although our itinerary showed us tendering in Xlendi (which was eventually what happened). As small as the island is I'm not sure that it makes that much difference unless you're planning an excursion that requires you to have someone meet you at the port (and even then it's only a 15-minute drive/taxi ride from one to the other).

Regardless of the arrival port you should be able to do both routes on the HO-HO in under 3 hours combined.

• 3 weeks later...
We're in Gozo on the Sept 26th visit and were thinking of using the HoHo bus as well. But it's a tender port, and we're only there from 08:00 to 15:00 . Allowing time for tendering, and the fact the 1st HoHo bus doesn't start till 9:45 and the route is (I believe) 90 minutes, we felt is was just too tight to allow much time to visit the sites.

Yes, it's still possible, but be sure to check out all the timings. We backed off and signed up for a ship's excursion.

I was on same cruise and opted for the hop-on, hop-off bus. If you take an early bus, there is adequate time to see most of Gozo as well as spend an hour or so in Victoria which is a transfer point between two routes.