Talk to me about the Chocolate Souffle in Palo!

davidmbfonz

So, we've been dreaming about the chocolate souffle we had a year ago on the Dream - and the wife and I are already "strategizing" - how on Earth do we get two of these at Palo? Can we just ask for two?

Has anyone tried? :-)

23709071578_fec4597fc7_c.jpgDisney Dream October 2016 1697 by davidmbfonz, on Flickr

You mean 2 each? Or one each for two of you?

I would think, if you ask for two of them (just for yourself), they would do it.

But, ask for them at the same time. One reason they ask you at the start of the meal if you're having the souffle, is because it takes that long to make it.

Edited by Shmoo here

I am sure they would be happy to serve 2 of them to you. In the past they have given one to-go for my child, who had been served one in the MDR per special request by one of my table mates, and loved they souffles and couldn't have dinner because he was too old. It gave me a great excuse to have dinner in Palo, even if I was solo.

Wow! Which restaurant? Was it a special request?

No special request. The soufflé was one of the choices for dessert one evening in one of the regular rotational restaurants! The waiter brought 11 for the table of 7 of us (I ate two myself!). It may have been the Royal Palace, not sure.

You may be thinking of the lava cake. As Shmoo said, the souffle is served only in Palo. And a couple of years ago, they discontinued any "special requests" for Palo food (including desserts) to be served in any of the main dining rooms. I can't say that it is impossible to have it happen, but the policy is that it doesn't.

Or, there's the Grand Marnier Souffle - that's served on the Signature menu in Lumiere's/Triton's/Royal Court/Royal Palace (also very yummy)

a23k9h.jpg

Yup, Shmoo! My wife agrees with you. They were the Grand Mariner soufflés. We have had them both many times on our Disney cruises.

As one of the few people that is not fond of dark chocolate. Is the Chocolate Soufflé super dark chocolate-y in flavor? (I KNOW, I don't even like Chocolate Chip Cookies! Give me a soft Peanut Butter cookie ANYTIME!!!)

As one of the few people that is not fond of dark chocolate. Is the Chocolate Soufflé super dark chocolate-y in flavor? (I KNOW, I don't even like Chocolate Chip Cookies! Give me a soft Peanut Butter cookie ANYTIME!!!)

It is chocolate and there is chocolate sauce.

If you're not a chocolate fan but want a soufflé in there, go for the amaretto one.

My sister is a fan of the panna cotta, and my parents said the tiramisu was good. So there are alternatives.

So my husband looooooves chocolate and I kinda like chocolate, but what I really like is that killer vanilla bean sauce we get with the souffle. So I give him my chocolate sauce and he gives me his vanilla bean sauce and everyone is happy.

For you, this works out. For a solo cruiser or a couple who like the same sauces, just ask for two of the one you like.