Disembarkation question - when do you get off the boat after returning to port?

jims01

Apologies if this has already been asked, but didn't see anything from a quick keyword search. Also couldn't find anything on Windstar's FAQ's and wondering if any Windstar veterans can help:

My ship returns to port (San Juan) at 7:00am on Saturday, 12/16. My flight is at 4:00pm, and I'm wondering how much time I'll need to kill after disembarking. If they're going to kick me off early in the morning, shortly after getting into the port at 7am, I'll try to plan something for a half day before heading to the airport. On the other hand, if I can stay on the boat till late morning or even lunch, I might just head to the airport a little early.

So generally speaking, does anyone know when's the latest time they're going to kick me off after the cruise is over?

They typically throw everyone off by about 9am, with departure times beginning as soon as the ship is cleared by customs/immigration.You will certainly not be allowed to stay through lunch. It can take a bit longer or less time depending on the exact process. Sometimes you get your passports back the evening before and sometimes they have to wait until the officials clear the ship after docking. If you plan a tour of some sort you can schedule your departure "slot" but filling out the form you turn in a couple days before. The other trick that it took us too long to figure out is that there is no requirement that you have the ship handle offloading your bags, you can also just keep them with you and not wait for them to appear on the dock.

They typically throw everyone off by about 9am, with departure times beginning as soon as the ship is cleared by customs/immigration.You will certainly not be allowed to stay through lunch. It can take a bit longer or less time depending on the exact process. Sometimes you get your passports back the evening before and sometimes they have to wait until the officials clear the ship after docking. If you plan a tour of some sort you can schedule your departure "slot" but filling out the form you turn in a couple days before. The other trick that it took us too long to figure out is that there is no requirement that you have the ship handle offloading your bags, you can also just keep them with you and not wait for them to appear on the dock.

We had same type of schedule when getting off in San Juan. Hate ship tours but decided to do the rainforest one just to fill the time. Its was great. Was arranged for very early so we were first people of the day on the mountain and its was gorgeous. Only 3 couples in private van then taken to the airport. Right now PR still a real mess though so they might not have fuel for tours. My doctor is from there and saw him this morning. Food still scarce, transportation sketchy, 70% without power. His family has all come here until things improve.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I called Windstar on this exact subject and they told me 8:00 am is the latest you can be on board. They need to turn the boat so they don't allow you to stay on after that time.

Did they mention if they even serve breakfast that morning, or are we on our own?

They do serve breakfast, but the last time we were on WS, room service was not available that morning.

Correct. No room service morning of disembarkment but full breakfast served as usual and Yacht Club opens early.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk