Benefits booking on board paying in sterling

cruisingaussies

We’re considering booking on board on our next voyage in November, for B2B cruises next year.

Please could someone confirm – or correct – the way I’m working this out?

We are Discoverer Plus.

1. Booking a 10 night and a 9 night cruise, we receive a 7% discount on each cruise price?

2. We receive a $200 OBC per cruise for a future voyage (so we would have the $200 from the first cruise to use on the second? Then a further $200 on a future cruise?)

3. Booking B2B we also receive a $400 OBC per voyage, so a total of $800 for the 2 cruises?

4. We pay 50% of the deposit. Please can someone confirm how much the deposit is in sterling?

Are these benefits, generally speaking, better than obtaining a lower cruise price from a TA? I realise this is an open-ended question but any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, for various reasons we haven’t booked on board before, don’t want to get this wrong!

That sounds right to me, on the current terms and conditions. Although I’m not quite sure what you mean when you say “so we would have the $200 from the first cruise to use on the second”. As I understand it OBC for a cruise has to be used on that cruise.

In order to get the OBC for back to back cruises you have to apply using the form on the website at https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/plan/extended-voyages-programme.

The UK deposit is £250 pp non-refundable, so at 50% it would be £125pp non-refundable.

As to whether this is better value than an offer by a TA, it’s difficult to say. You’d have to put the two prices side by side to compare them. Most TA offers include flights, so you’d need to have a good idea of the price of flights too. Also OBC is great, but you do need to have things to spend it on, remembering that drinks and tips are included. We usually spend ours on WiFi and Excursions.

This is my understanding of the situation, but perhaps someone else with experience of booking on-board will post here too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’re considering booking on board on our next voyage in November, for B2B cruises next year.

Please could someone confirm – or correct – the way I’m working this out?

We are Discoverer Plus.

1. Booking a 10 night and a 9 night cruise, we receive a 7% discount on each cruise price?

2. We receive a $200 OBC per cruise for a future voyage (so we would have the $200 from the first cruise to use on the second? Then a further $200 on a future cruise?)

3. Booking B2B we also receive a $400 OBC per voyage, so a total of $800 for the 2 cruises?

4. We pay 50% of the deposit. Please can someone confirm how much the deposit is in sterling?

Are these benefits, generally speaking, better than obtaining a lower cruise price from a TA? I realise this is an open-ended question but any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, for various reasons we haven’t booked on board before, don’t want to get this wrong!

First the OBC is per cruise and has to be spent on that cruise. Likewise the discount is per cruise so you will have 7% discount on the fare but not taxes for each.

You will receive $200 OBC per cruise for booking onboard and assuming each are longer cruises $400 OBC per cruise for back to back bookings making a loyal of $600 per cruise. If you are booking ahead within the early booking guarantee period that increases to $1000 per cruise.

Your deposit will be £250 in total for anything but a suite which is £500 ~ I think the big two suites may even be £1000 now, never booked one onboard only on land.

One benefit you have onboard you can still use your agent. The best thing to do is agree with the onboard rep a transfer back deadline, book it as being with Azamara and then quickly contact uk agents for a transfer over price. You may secure a small discount or additional OBC with them. You then inform Azamara to transfer the booking to your new agent but you must do this before the deadline you agreed onboard ~ you can usually agree a deadline of a week to ten days after you get home. Hope this helps

On the travel agent point, if you have booked the cruise you are on with an agent it’s normal for Azamara to transfer the new bookings to the same agent. If we know we are going to book something onboard we agree a deal with our agent beforehand.

On the travel agent point, if you have booked the cruise you are on with an agent it’s normal for Azamara to transfer the new bookings to the same agent. If we know we are going to book something onboard we agree a deal with our agent beforehand.

I’d keep an open mind on that one, it depends.

We’ve found a better deal was had by offering it to agents after we had come back - you need to make sure they start it as a direct booking though and not put it with an existing agent. Two agencies in particular offered to bite at a far better figure post cruise than pre cruise in terms of % benefit.

For the future, I’ll save the research until post cruise, pre cruise is way too stressful anyway!

Thanks, everyone, for your very helpful info.

Anne, would really like to get in touch with you. We did a Valencia food tour with you August last year (remember the naughty gargoyles? ;)) And shared a transfer from port to airport.

Please could you email me on:

kempsontour AT yahoo DOT COM DOT au

Thanks again

Brenda

Please can someone help with another question:

Do you have to pass the booking on to a TA or can you leave it with Azamara? The UK TA we were using has gone off to greener pastures and her replacement is underwhelming. We're in Australia at the moment so it's difficult to shop around for another agent in the UK.

Anne, this is the question I was going to ask you. I know you're so busy zipping around for work, so please don't worry about sending me a pm (unless you want to share a pic of the naughty gargoyle!)

You can leave it with Azamara no problem. Will message you this weekend crazy work week

PS was in Valencia last month, found an even better gargoyle