Currently on board Journey

English Tim

Is the free internet a new suite perk?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, slightly ambiguous.

We get 235 minutes each, said to be worth $150. As our cruise is only 7 days and unlimited internet is $139, we register for unlimited get charged $139, then go to guest services for it to be credited back.

Rosy and I are currently on board Journey, in CC suite 8050, celebrating our silver wedding.

If anyone has any questions, please ask although the internet is very slow, but free!

Happy Anniversary Tim.

We spent our 40th and 45th on board Journey.

It will be our 50th in 2019 but at the moment the Itineraries and prices are not to our liking.

Waiting to see what is planned for Pursuit.

Happy Anniversary Tim.

We spent our 40th and 45th on board Journey.

It will be our 50th in 2019 but at the moment the Itineraries and prices are not to our liking.

Waiting to see what is planned for Pursuit.

Thanks. We’ll only book if we find the right deal. In the last year we’ve booked with Seabourn, Crystal and Azamara, always considering both itinerary and perceived value for money.

We’ve also had fantastic weeks in Austrian hotels, with excellent service, facilities and much lower cost than cruises, which now that I don’t drink so glutinously offer far better value, but it’s still impossible to beat the excitement of cruising.

Rosy and I are currently on board Journey, in CC suite 8050, celebrating our silver wedding.

If anyone has any questions, please ask although the internet is very slow, but free!

Happy Silver Anniversary English Tim & Rosy! :champagne-toast::champagne-toast:

We are honored you are sailing with us for the occasion.

And on a personal note, I'm happy to have you back with us. When I started this CBO position back in March 2014 you were very active on our Cruise Critic forum. Your comments made me laugh, sometimes cry 'uncle' :loudcry:

I had never been active on CC prior to taking this position and the posts back then were a 'trial by fire' for me. You'll remember it was the time when we revamped our LCV program, and soon thereafter announced the Sunset Bar would become a specialty fee-based restaurant. There was an uproar, a virtual mutiny on this forum from our loyalists, of which I include yourself. You went dark thereafter. And now seeing your name pop up on our forum, and having you aboard for your anniversary truly makes me happy. I join the onboard staff and say"Welcome Home"!

Happy Silver Anniversary English Tim & Rosy! :champagne-toast::champagne-toast:

We are honored you are sailing with us for the occasion.

And on a personal note, I'm happy to have you back with us. When I started this CBO position back in March 2014 you were very active on our Cruise Critic forum. Your comments made me laugh, sometimes cry 'uncle' :loudcry:

I had never been active on CC prior to taking this position and the posts back then were a 'trial by fire' for me. You'll remember it was the time when we revamped our LCV program, and soon thereafter announced the Sunset Bar would become a specialty fee-based restaurant. There was an uproar, a virtual mutiny on this forum from our loyalists, of which I include yourself. You went dark thereafter. And now seeing your name pop up on our forum, and having you aboard for your anniversary truly makes me happy. I join the onboard staff and say"Welcome Home"!

Thank you for your kind words.

We are having a fantastic cruise, with my health changing last winter, necessitating weight loss and a healthier lifestyle, which I am enjoying achieving.

I wished we had picked the starboard side as they have showers rather than tubs. Otherwise the CC suite is wonderful

It is wonderful to be re-acquainted with Heike and Eric, but miss Johannes.

Rosy now needs two hip replacements so no more travel planning for now, but hopefully some more Azamara cruises in the not too distant future.

Thanks everyone. I’m struggling with the multi-quote function, so a group reply.

I have been keeping up with the forum, so recognise posters names.

We our loving the more personal attention, but maybe this comes with the suite.

We have encountered Phil a few times and had some good chin-wags. He has some delightful spotted socks!

Last night was an amazing Azamazing evening, where we were entertained by a pianist and Greek dancers. I ‘reluctantly’ joined in - it was great, though our choreography was pretty naff.

It was a beautiful setting, by the sea and once the breeze eased was very comfortable. The finale included a firework display.

The speciality restaurants are wonderful and are an included perk with suites, but we don’t appreciate being encouraged to tip extra for good service, which we expect on any cruise ship.

Just off to brunch, having exercised for 90 minutes! Still struggle to stretch though!

The speciality restaurants are wonderful and are an included perk with suites, but we don’t appreciate being encouraged to tip extra for good service, which we expect on any cruise ship.

In all our cruises an extra tip for good service has never been proactively encouraged. We do however opt to add a small extra gratuity many nights because the service goes above and beyond with such attention to detail and our personal needs being so well taken care of. Alternatively we might add a total for extra at the end of the cruise and our favourite way to do that is by making a donation to the crew welfare fund.

Edited by uktog

We too always add an extra tip on our included dining in Prime C for the following reasons.

!: It has never been requested but is merely a standard line on any notional bill. i.e. if you had ordered a non inclusive drink or bottle of wine it would have been on that also.

If we had ever had this solicitation we would certainly have reported it to Hotel director.

2: $10 is a nominal amount in context of total cruise cost per day..

3: Selfishly it guarantees best service next time.

Enjoy the saving if you do not feel that your servers do not deserve it.

Edited by procter
spelling

I expect excellent service whenever I stay in a 4/5 star hotel or cruise ship.

If gratuities are stated as included, then great, if not I tip according to local custom.

I don’t believe in advance tipping or doing so to get something extra special next time.

There is a real danger that excessive tipping will lead to an expectancy rather than a pleasant surprise.