Seen the video "Ten Reasons to not cruise Princess"?

nini

Please, no flaming... I was doing some research on the Crown and came across this video.

We are Princess fans and this really upset me, as we have booked the Crown. And I know

that she has not recently received the best comments.

I am hoping that someone will reassure me that all is well.

In this video, the reasons ranged from cleanliness (filthy stateroom, constantly smelling toilet), lack

of maintenance (lots of rust and unvarnished railings), unfriendly and ignorant staff, and nothing

to do.

Please, no flaming... I was doing some research on the Crown and came across this video.

We are Princess fans and this really upset me, as we have booked the Crown. And I know

that she has not recently received the best comments.

I am hoping that someone will reassure me that all is well.

In this video, the reasons ranged from cleanliness (filthy stateroom, constantly smelling toilet), lack

of maintenance (lots of rust and unvarnished railings), unfriendly and ignorant staff, and nothing

to do.

Wow! Been on the Crown and many other Princess ships and all I ever see is people sanding, cleaning, scrubbing and varnishing. The above seems a bit of an exaggeration.

Sometimes there are toilet problems which I believe to be caused by dingbats who flush things down the toilet that should have gone in the trash.

The Crown did have some Noro probs in the past. Perhaps that affected the all around service.

We have sailed on the Crown in 1/15 and 1/16 and found staff friendly and at times more then very helpful. The ship was clean as was the stateroom. Seems like some people will find issues with everything. So you see some rust? Your on a ship that is in the ocean 365 days a year. We had crews cleaning and painting something at every port we stopped at.

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

Princess Cruises is pretty consistent across the fleet. Clean staterooms, plenty of entertainment opportunities, constant maintenance. Plus if one ever has a problem, a conversation with the room steward, or if needed the Hotel Manager will correct the issue. We've never had a problem.

We have however run across passengers for whom nothing is "right", and they will complain to everyone, including here on CC, but not to the people who could have remedied the issue while onboard.

Princess Cruises is pretty consistent across the fleet. Clean staterooms, plenty of entertainment opportunities, constant maintenance. Plus if one ever has a problem, a conversation with the room steward, or if needed the Hotel Manager will correct the issue. We've never had a problem.

Agreed ---

I just googled, and came up with a husband and wife team, doing a review from the cabin with 10 reasons.

It was their first Princess cruise and they were actually beyond nic-picking.

I'm trying to figure out where they are coming from because according to them, EVERYTHING was bad.

I've been cruising since the early 80's and has everything been perfect, no, but never had any experiences like they are describing.

Looks like they are sold on NCL from the review.

It's a shame that are such sour people already at such a young age.

Just off the Crown on Sunday. Had a WONDERFUL trip! LOVED the ship. I think it is now my new Princess favorite. Certainly it is not a new ship and if you look for things to not be perfect they will not be. It seems like there were a lot of Celebrity cheerleaders on this ship who were on their first Princess cruise. The things they told us they didn't like were really reaching...but maybe if I took a Celebrity cruise, I would find things that were not Princess-like that I wouldn't like also.

Our steward was very efficient and kept our stateroom very clean. We had no issues with toilets, smells or anything that would impact our cruise. If you go on a cruise to enjoy the ship and the itinerary and not spend your time looking for things to be wrong, you will have a wonderful trip.

I will do a full review soon after I "catch-up" on life after getting back home.

:cool:

We were on the Crown for 33 days Feb/Mar 2017. Staff was great. We arrived home without any illness. Food was good as it normally is. One issue with the toilet not flushing was corrected in less than 1 hour. This can happen when passengers flush improper stuff into the system. Ship was in overall nice shape.

What video,where is it?
On YouTube:

10 Reasons to Avoid Princess Cruises (Cruise Review).

This video is something like 16 minutes long and consists of a couple who are doing a review of their experience of a Transatlantic cruise on Crown Princess. Commenting on the video has been disabled and there are 45 likes and 270 dislikes to the video. I believe what they are saying is largely not representative of a Princess Cruise.

The guys' previous experience of cruising is exclusive to Norwegian Cruise Line and a couple of short scenes are added in to assert their point of view on a couple of topics. Embarkation; Norwegian makes this fun but the comparison is surely at a port of call on Norwegian and the Princess embarkation comparison seems to be first embarkation. I do not like embarking at any port where there are loads of staff dressed up in costumes jollying things along and trying to involve me. I have found Princess to be good at security at ports of call and provide ice towels and bottles of mineral water.

Overall I thought this couple a pair of whingers and if I were a member of staff listening to him droning on that his cup of coffee was only three quarters full even when he wanted cream. I should not have a big smile dealing with him or them. In fact he seemed to suggest that it should be full then add the cream, how that would have worked I do not know. . Princess only do small and large cups of coffee. He seemed to be irritated that he could not get a medium size cup.

They were bored because of lack of enthralling activities six sea days in a row on a transatlantic sailing. How that caught out an experienced cruise critic I do not know.

Booking a Princess Cruise in my opinion is an excellent idea and I should not hesitate to book onto a Crown Princess cruise, it's going to be nothing like a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise, thank god. On my next Princess cruise thankfully I know I am not going to meet this pillock.

Regards John

Just off the Crown on Sunday. Had a WONDERFUL trip! LOVED the ship. I think it is now my new Princess favorite. Certainly it is not a new ship and if you look for things to not be perfect they will not be. It seems like there were a lot of Celebrity cheerleaders on this ship who were on their first Princess cruise. The things they told us they didn't like were really reaching...but maybe if I took a Celebrity cruise, I would find things that were not Princess-like that I wouldn't like also.

Our steward was very efficient and kept our stateroom very clean. We had no issues with toilets, smells or anything that would impact our cruise. If you go on a cruise to enjoy the ship and the itinerary and not spend your time looking for things to be wrong, you will have a wonderful trip.

I will do a full review soon after I "catch-up" on life after getting back home.

:cool:

So good to hear! We're on Crown next week - looking forward to your review (too soon???!!!).

On YouTube:

10 Reasons to Avoid Princess Cruises (Cruise Review).

This video is something like 16 minutes long and consists of a couple who are doing a review of their experience of a Transatlantic cruise on Crown Princess. Commenting on the video has been disabled and there are 45 likes and 270 dislikes to the video. I believe what they are saying is largely not representative of a Princess Cruise.

The guys' previous experience of cruising is exclusive to Norwegian Cruise Line and a couple of short scenes are added in to assert their point of view on a couple of topics. Embarkation; Norwegian makes this fun but the comparison is surely at a port of call on Norwegian and the Princess embarkation comparison seems to be first embarkation. I do not like embarking at any port where there are loads of staff dressed up in costumes jollying things along and trying to involve me. I have found Princess to be good at security at ports of call and provide ice towels and bottles of mineral water.

Overall I thought this couple a pair of whingers and if I were a member of staff listening to him droning on that his cup of coffee was only three quarters full even when he wanted cream. I should not have a big smile dealing with him or them. In fact he seemed to suggest that it should be full then add the cream, how that would have worked I do not know. . Princess only do small and large cups of coffee. He seemed to be irritated that he could not get a medium size cup.

They were bored because of lack of enthralling activities six sea days in a row on a transatlantic sailing. How that caught out an experienced cruise critic I do not know.

Booking a Princess Cruise in my opinion is an excellent idea and I should not hesitate to book onto a Crown Princess cruise, it's going to be nothing like a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise, thank god. On my next Princess cruise thankfully I know I am not going to meet this pillock.

Regards John

Hi,thanks for that,I think they were on here a few months ago,they were a young American couple if I remember correctly,cheers,Brian.