Why Are You Hesitant to Book Regal/Royal Emerald Obstructed?

need2cruisesoon

There is obstructed and obstructed. To be careful the cruise line classifies a cabin as "obstructed" often for trivial reasons to close the door on potential claims cruisers may have. I suspect this cabin is deemed obstructed on the basis that it has a metal fronted balcony which you obviously cannot see through. The balcony is bigger than many on those ships and I suspect this is the biggest in the run as the sides flare out to this point.

It looks a very acceptable set up to me.

Regards John

There have been a couple of reviews on this board singing the praises of this location. We booked this cabin on the Royal for our spring 2019 California coastal. If you can wait we'll let you know what we think about it then. :D

We're at the mercy of Princess and possibly the Upgrade Fairy for our upcoming cruise on the Royal. I booked a Cat. BF guarantee. It's a balcony--so a big upgrade from our inside cabin on the Caribbean Princess in August. That cruise was around Great Britain--very port intensive and not very warm. I think we'll enjoy the balcony in the Caribbean a lot more than we would have on the CB.

We were on the Regal in one of these cabins in September. Very stormy seas since we were avoiding Hurricane Jose. The turbulence and noise were unbelievable. Never been seasick until this, our 19th cruise. Couldn't wait to get off the ship. Will never book a balcony this far forward again.

We cruised in one of those cabins. I don’t remember it being rough. It suited us just fine, but I would prefer obstructed between lifeboats with the glass front instead of metal. We always book “obstructed “ to save money and we love that deck being so close to theatre and dining room. When seated on the balcony, it’s nice to be able to see the ocean. Check out the deck plans and you can easily find the best cabin with the least obstruction.

I have that same cabin booked on the Royal E110 and looking forward to trying it......my niece is booked next door with the glass balcony railing (unobstructed and 1/3rd the size) so we can compare. We also have friends booked in E108 so hoping all 3 balconies can have the connecting doors open

I have that same cabin booked on the Royal E110 and looking forward to trying it......my niece is booked next door with the glass balcony railing (unobstructed and 1/3rd the size) so we can compare. We also have friends booked in E108 so hoping all 3 balconies can have the connecting doors open

Yes. The door between 108, 110 and 112 can all be opened so you can go back and forth between the balconies..

We're in 110 right now, and were in 108 a couple months back. Our favorite cabins onboard when qe don't spring for an aft suite. Love the much, much larger balcony, very quiet rooms (except tender ports!), etc

Enjoy..

I think these cabins are a great option, but they are not “absolutely private.” We just finished a 21-day cruise on the Royal in cabin B101 and we could look down onto these balconies.

Not totally uncovered, you have about 3 feet from the above tiny balcony above.2ee10276dd87a10fc49f62764547d6c4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums