Carmel by the Sea come meet the Mayor !!!

If you are stopping in Monterey on your ship come to Carmel by the Sea!!!!

It is a beautiful little village and the Mayor would love to meet you personally.

Also the city has some strange rules and the Mayor will issue you a high heal permit:)

He may even ask if you would like to sit in city cambers where Clint Eastwood once was Mayor 30 years ago.

www.carmelcalofornia.com

Come on come all to Carmel by the Sea !!!!!

Edited by Carmel by the Sea
Spelling

I'm guessing you haven't read the rules of posting - specifically folks representing places/things/agencies rather than just themselves not being allowed to post except to reply to questions?

Unsolicited ads like this are, at best, a way to annoy many of us members. OTOH, mis-spelling your own State (CalOfornia - really?), and in a link no less so the link doesn't actually go anywhere, is a really top-notch, surefire way to impress - even better than high heAl and whatever other spelling error(s) you apparently fixed already!

I suggest another wacky ordinance that anyone writing on behalf of the city should have to pass a spelling aptitude test;-)

If you are stopping in Monterey on your ship come to Carmel by the Sea!!!!

It is a beautiful little village and the Mayor would love to meet you personally.

Also the city has some strange rules and the Mayor will issue you a high heel permit:)

He may even ask if you would like to sit in city cambers where Clint Eastwood once was Mayor 30 years ago.

www.carmelcalifornia.com

Come on come all to Carmel by the Sea !!!!![

Enjoy

I'm guessing you haven't read the rules of posting - specifically folks representing places/things/agencies rather than just themselves not being allowed to post except to reply to questions?

Unsolicited ads like this are, at best, a way to annoy many of us members. OTOH, mis-spelling your own State (CalOfornia - really?), and in a link no less so the link doesn't actually go anywhere, is a really top-notch, surefire way to impress - even better than high heAl and whatever other spelling error(s) you apparently fixed already!

I suggest another wacky ordinance that anyone writing on behalf of the city should have to pass a spelling aptitude test;-)

WOW! Were these insults REALLY necessary.:(

WOW! Were these insults REALLY necessary.:(

You say insults, I say humorous-pointing-out-of-simultaneous-incompetence-and-rule-breaking. Plus, since I at no time actually insulted the individual posting - merely the incredibly low quality of the post itself - it's within the rules of the board (unlike the original post).

You're perfectly entitled to think I went over-the-top in my response of course, but if you want to be consistent about taking offence on behalf of others I've got a lot of snarkier posts than that floating around in response to incorrect info to help you fill your time;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Martincath you are not a nice poster.

If you didn’t want to read this post because it was an inconvenience or a bother then just don’t read it. Frankly I found it very interesting and encourage me to go visit this little city with friendly folks!

Martincath you are not a nice poster.

If you didn’t want to read this post because it was an inconvenience or a bother then just don’t read it. Frankly I found it very interesting and encourage me to go visit this little city with friendly folks!

There's no rule requiring anyone to be 'nice' - not is there even an agreed definition of what makes a poster qualify as such.

What this community does have, which you as well as the OP are apparently unaware of, are rules of what you are and are not allowed to post. OP's post fell completely into the 'not allowed to' category - a local is making an unsolicited post rather than replying to a question. If reported to the mods, that means removal - in this particular case, of literally the only post ever personally made by the OP (since the first post is now an automated 'I am joining you on X cruise.')

Personally I'd rather leave a post up that offers a learning opportunity, so that the poster actually has a chance to understand why there's an issue instead of simply wondering 'where did my post go?' and perhaps even writing off the CC boards as faulty and never returning.

Could I have taken a 'nicer' angle? Obviously at least a few people think so. Maybe I'm the only person here who thinks it reasonable to expect that someone acting on behalf of an organization - whether officially or just self-appointed touting - should at least take a modicum of care to post accurate info.

Ask yourself this - if you received a leaflet in the mail from 'Tourism AnyPlace' with spelling errors that included the name of their State and an incorrect website address, do you truly claim that you'd take it seriously, rather than be shocked at how such a sloppy piece managed to get printed with someone's tax dollars? You wouldn't point out the mistakes to your spouse or S.O., use it as an example for your kids of why it's important to check your spelling, or even just laugh at it before you tossed it out? But regardless of what you did with the leaflet, would you bother to contact them and inform them of the errors so they could be fixed? No?

Is it 'nicer' to just leave someone unaware of their mistakes so they can continue to make them...? That's the problem with the 'if you cannot say anything nice do not say anything' approach - it utterly fails to help people improve their performance. Say what you will about my choice of tone and verbiage - at least I bothered to reply and offered criticism that I wager will be at the front of OPs mind for a long time when they sit down at a keyboard, so will actually help them do better in the future.