San Francisco for the Beer Lover?

We are doing a 15 day Hawaii Cruise out of San Francisco and between before and after the Cruise we have 3 1/2 days to explore.

Since my wife has never been to SF, some of that time will be taken up by the touristy stuff.

But I am looking for suggestions as to which Breweries and Beer Pubs I should add to the list.

We will be there In late March and the first weekend in April. I know the Giants will be in town that weekend, so I may need to stay away from that area on April 7-8.

Thanks in Advance!

It's hard to talk about beer in SF without mentioning Anchor - far and away the most historic brewery. Fortunately they offer more than just the less-than-spectacular Steam Beer that they're most famous for (compared to US macro beer it's a toothsome brew, but palates have changed a lot in over a century!)

Unfortunately since we don't get to SF anywhere near often enough to keep up with changes in the breweries I'm loathe to say that X or Y is the best. I much prefer to visit a good independent beer bar than a brewpub, where we can sample a range of different breweries all at once - Monk's Kettle, Mikeller, or the Beer Hall should all give you enough options to get nicely buzzed (although I have to admit that on our last trip - an overnight cruise stop - we didn't drink a single CA beer and instead went to Rogue's SF outpost!)

It's hard to talk about beer in SF without mentioning Anchor - far and away the most historic brewery. Fortunately they offer more than just the less-than-spectacular Steam Beer that they're most famous for (compared to US macro beer it's a toothsome brew, but palates have changed a lot in over a century!)

Unfortunately since we don't get to SF anywhere near often enough to keep up with changes in the breweries I'm loathe to say that X or Y is the best. I much prefer to visit a good independent beer bar than a brewpub, where we can sample a range of different breweries all at once - Monk's Kettle, Mikeller, or the Beer Hall should all give you enough options to get nicely buzzed (although I have to admit that on our last trip - an overnight cruise stop - we didn't drink a single CA beer and instead went to Rogue's SF outpost!)

Thanks for the tips!

Just back from San Francisco. Didn’t go to any breweries or brewpubs but we did see lots of local Northern California and Far Northern California beers on tap and bottles in restaurants. Bear Republic and Lost Coast were a few we saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums