PortMiami vs Safecruiseparking

smileyjannie

I would park at the port because it is safe and convenient.

I have known too many people who had issues when parking on site including damage to their vehicles and also in one case a stolen vehicle. I would spend the extra money to know that my vehicle was safe.

Keith

You can use the search function on this board to find numerous threads about parking in Miami - some claim they saved money and had no issues; others speak of lost reservations, overcharging, no-show shuttles, vandalized cars and worse! :eek: All of the Miami locals who are regular posters on this board will suggest parking at POM.

Parking at POM costs $22/day but is covered, convenient and secure -- parking anywhere else is likely not to be covered, for sure will not be as convenient and will be much less secure. It's your vacation and your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

How much money are you saving to park elsewhere?

Parking at the port is so easy! Its safe too. Covered garage steps from the terminal. How much is worrying about your car, having to take shuttles, or having nothing to worry about at all worth to you?

I always suggest parking at the port, because at the end of the day the $10-$12 you save each day is not worth it.

You can use the search function on this board to find numerous threads about parking in Miami - some claim they saved money and had no issues; others speak of lost reservations, overcharging, no-show shuttles, vandalized cars and worse! :eek: All of the Miami locals who are regular posters on this board will suggest parking at POM.

Parking at POM costs $22/day but is covered, convenient and secure -- parking anywhere else is likely not to be covered, for sure will not be as convenient and will be much less secure. It's your vacation and your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Not sure where POM is, but at PM the parking is $20/day.

Before our cruise out of Miami I checked through the boards for same thing and came to the conclusion that parking at the port was the best thing to do. We were there for 16 days. Undercover parking, its security controlled and they probably patrol it throughout the week.

My only problem was the lack of marking on the various levels of the parking garage (the one closest to Miami itself, so far west garage). When we got off the elevator on the correct floor we got turned around and thought the truck had been stolen!! Even when I used the alarm button to try and locate my truck it wouldnt go off as we were to far away..but apart from that I thought it was pretty safe plus it was nice to be able to walk off the ship and get straight in our truck and be on the I-95 in a matter of minutes

"...plus it was nice to be able to walk off the ship and get straight in our truck and be on the I-95 in a matter of minutes"

Amen! If you park at the port you can be 50 miles up the road before most others will get off the shuttle and start loading up their car.

I would park at the port because it is safe and convenient.... I have known too many people who had issues when parking [OFF] site including damage to their vehicles and also in one case a stolen vehicle. I would spend the extra money to know that my vehicle was safe.

I corrected that for you. :D

others speak of lost reservations, overcharging, no-show shuttles, vandalized cars and worse!...:eek:

I recall one cruiser mentioned returning to their car off-site to find a homeless person sleeping in it. :o

I recall one cruiser mentioned returning to their car off-site to find a homeless person sleeping in it. :o

In Miami, totally believable!

And Miami/South Florida is home to me, no hate.... But I'm not parking off site!

Let's just say that you couldn't pay me to leave my car parked there vs the port. Spend the extra few dollars and park at the port, it is honestly the safest place as so many other locals have told you. You can then enjoy your vacation knowing that your vehicle is safe.

I have another question. We are planning to park at the port next March for our 9-night on RCCL Navigator. It says that one can pre-pay to park in garage J but all others are pay when you arrive. How do I know which garage to park in? Is one closer than another to our ship?:confused: Thanks for your help!;):cool:

Edited by SilkySal
adding cruise line name

Unless something has changed recently you cannot pre-pay or reserve parking at POM. Ships and assigned berths will be clearly marked/posted on a large sign. The walk from your garage to the ship's check in line will be about 100 or so yards. ;)