Century Fitness Center

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Century last april, made it to the gym once or twice a day but not sure if there was a rowing machine.

It was a good sized area, I didn't go early in the morning - took some classes offered mid morning or in the afternoon. I didn't see a wait for machines, and the place was pretty empty in the evenings. Both the free exercise classes and the fee based ones were challenging - when I first went I didn't expect the classes to be anything much but I was mistaken.

Thank you very much. I have always wanted to do a spinning class on board, but they always seem to be scheduled for the late afternoon. I spin at home and can't imagine doing a class after a few afternoon margaritas......wish they were scheduled in the morning, but I guess there is a space issue for the popular time in the morning.

We just sailed on Century Dec 17th, 2009 and used the fitness center every day (sometimes twice a day depending on the posted dinner menu for that evening :)). All the equipment was new and in good condition. They kept it really clean with plenty of towels and wet wipes. Sorry, no rowing machine. The spin class was usually in the afternoon around 4 or 5. Make sure you stop in the Aqua Spa Cafe at lunch time. They have the best food, healthy and delicious. We loved this ship and will sail on her again.

Witman, thank you for the information. No rowing machine.....I can live with a treadmill. Better yet, I can run around the deck outside. I heard the lap is small and it might take 12 laps to equal a mile?? No biggie, I am dizzy to begin with. Do they have a rewards program like they do on Royal Caribbean? For every activity you do, you get a "punch" on your card and after so many punches, you get a t-shirt or some token prize. I like incentives too :)

Thanks again

Archived