Recent River Tubing Experience/ Recommendations?

JT1962

Has anyone had recent experience river tubing in Dominica? I see several older threads, but wondered if anyone had been recently. I am wondering if there is any advantage to using an independent vs ship tour. There doesn’t seem to be as much price difference as I usually see from my research.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

Private River Tubing tours are available from Antours. I tubed with them on Sept 4, 2018 and had a blast on the Layou river. You can choose between the Ships tour or Antours Tubing tours. For me the price was lower and my family totally enjoyed the tubing. I think the Ships tubing tour goes to a different location which is much further away from the ship. I did not fancy the long distance drive to the river. I did the private tubing tour just about 30 minutes drive from the ship, and then Trafalgar Waterfalls up the Roseau Valley about 20 minutes from the ship with the same operator. We made a good choice. Well worth it.

Thanks for the reply. Did you book in advance or at the dock? I have looked at one website for them and there is another website for them that gives a warning that it may be impersonating their site to get payment fraudulently.

Also, did you think the trip to Trafalgar Falls was worth it? We are debating between the River Tubing / Trafalgar Falls combo and the River Tubing / Beach combo. I’ve been to lots of waterfalls and have seen pictures of Trafalgar and it did not seem overly impressive.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JT, I booked with them by email (antours@yahoo.com) and had no worries. They answered all my questions and sent me the link for paying and my confirmation doc. afterwards. They do have 2 websites, but they do not use the Buy Now method on the sites. You have to email them and you will get instructions on how to proceed. The website I used was dominicacruisesite.com. They also have another site dominicarivertubing.com. Both are legit. I dealt with Anison directly and he was there to greet us at the port.

Concerning Trafalgar Waterfalls, it was well worth it, since I saved about 90% on the combo tour of River Tubing & Trafalgar Falls. The Waterfalls are still magnificent after the hurricane they had last year. The rain forest is still a wee bit disturbed, but it was refreshing to see how nature can restore herself so quickly. It was an awesome trip for us. Our driver, Ked was fantastic as well, knowledgeable and friendly.

Hi JT, I booked with them by email (antours@yahoo.com) and had no worries. They answered all my questions and sent me the link for paying and my confirmation doc. afterwards. They do have 2 websites, but they do not use the Buy Now method on the sites. You have to email them and you will get instructions on how to proceed. The website I used was dominicacruisesite.com. They also have another site dominicarivertubing.com. Both are legit. I dealt with Anison directly and he was there to greet us at the port.

Concerning Trafalgar Waterfalls, it was well worth it, since I saved about 90% on the combo tour of River Tubing & Trafalgar Falls. The Waterfalls are still magnificent after the hurricane they had last year. The rain forest is still a wee bit disturbed, but it was refreshing to see how nature can restore herself so quickly. It was an awesome trip for us. Our driver, Ked was fantastic as well, knowledgeable and friendly.

Thanks for the reply. We will be booking with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering booking the same tour - I have been in contact with Anison via email and he has suggested the River Tubing/Trafalgar Falls/Beach tour which takes 6 hrs. Just wondering whether the beach (Mero beach) is worth visiting or should I just take the River Tubing/Trafalgar Falls option. It will cost us an extra US$45 for our family to add Mero Beach to our tour - just wondering if it 's worth it.

• 3 months later...