Best stroller for a cruise?

welove2cruise2014

mmmkay then. People in wheelchairs need to stop cruising and traveling because of all the inconveniences they are causing to able bodied people around them. Right? Right?

So, my kid didn't want to use a stroller since he was 14 months. Other people's kids love using theirs. To each his own. I have a back trauma and my 2 yo was 34#. There is no way I could carry him... Even babywearing him in an ergo baby at that weight would very quickly become debilitating for me.

OP knows her 2 yo better than we do. If she thinks they need a stroller, then they need a stroller. Better to have a kiddo in a stroller than witness or experience a huge meltdown when the kid is tired, but you can't carry them.

I get it! Mine is 31lbs and still a few months shy of 2. Lol. Carrying (either in my arms or a carrier) is not happening!!

As a side note -there seems to be this shift into "Let's force our kids to grow up as FAST as possible"- potty training infants, getting the side eye if your toddler uses a bottle, is riding in a stroller, etc. And quite frankly I'm sick of it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We bought a Graco Breaze for our cruise last year with our then 11month old. We will be taking it again in December when she is 2. Good size basket, reclines flat, 5 pt harness, good sized canopy, drink holder for mom, lightweight so carrying up the stairs isn’t bad if the elevators are backed up, folds like a cheap umbrella stroller so it can either stand up in the closet or slide under the bed. With all the room the pack n play takes up in the cabin, there isn’t much space for the stroller for sure! My only complaint is over time the foot brake and fold release handle have gotten a bit temperamental so sometimes only my husband can fold it up (it’s supposed to be a convenient one hand fold, which it was at first...)

Sry you may have cruised already but hope this helps! I have a runner too so a stroller is a must, plus it’s a nice way to carry all the kids stuff around the ship that they require lol at any given time....

• Like 1

We bought a Graco Breaze for our cruise last year with our then 11month old. We will be taking it again in December when she is 2. Good size basket, reclines flat, 5 pt harness, good sized canopy, drink holder for mom, lightweight so carrying up the stairs isn’t bad if the elevators are backed up, folds like a cheap umbrella stroller so it can either stand up in the closet or slide under the bed. With all the room the pack n play takes up in the cabin, there isn’t much space for the stroller for sure! My only complaint is over time the foot brake and fold release handle have gotten a bit temperamental so sometimes only my husband can fold it up (it’s supposed to be a convenient one hand fold, which it was at first...)

Sry you may have cruised already but hope this helps! I have a runner too so a stroller is a must, plus it’s a nice way to carry all the kids stuff around the ship that they require lol at any given time....

Thanks! We ended up with a Graco (not the Breaze but the name escapes me)... several lbs lighter than our Britax, smaller when folded yet not quite umbrella style, and a big basket and nice canopy!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We cruise in Europe and started to take two buggys [strollers], we currently take an umbrella stroller for on the ship and an "off roader"[Phil & Teds with inflatable tyres] for off the ship.

When we first started to cruise with our daughter at 6 months we just took a large [maxi cosi] umbrella stroller and we really struggled across the cobblestones at certain destinations [Maderia being one], at the next point we started to bring a phil and teds "off roader", but we've found on some ships it fits through the doors and others it doesn't.

Didn't really think about an umbrella stroller again until two cruises ago when we borrowed one from kids club, our eldest [then two] used it a lot, whilst our one year old traveled in the backpack kids carrier [which we bought for the eldest....].

Following on from that, on our last cruise we took the phil and teds and our own umbrella stroller [mammas and pappas ] which worked well and will be doing the same again on the next cruise.

One tip, take a doorstop I'd like to pass on, take a doorstop! If you end up taking a buggy / stroller that turns out to be just wider than the cabin door, its rather useful to be able to wedge the door open whilst you carrying in/out all the bits

Urbini Reversi 1000%! It's the best of all worlds! Small and lightweight so you'll fit in any crammed elevator yet light enough to carry up 3 flights of stairs when you don't feel like waiting for one. It's durable but super cheap. Mine was $50. Nice big basket at the bottom that zips up. Reversible so baby can face you or face out and the BEST recline I've seen of any stroller out there. We took our 6 month old on her first cruise in April and I took that thing EVERYWHERE including all our meals in the dining room and it was perfect.

• 4 months later...

When our kids used strollers,  we picked up a $10 umbrella stroller at a garage sale, specifically for travel.  It was not the most comfortable thing to use,  but we only used it for travel,  for a week at a time...its not a lifetime commitment.   They fold down nice for storage in the cabin and we figured if we ever got into a spot where we had to abandon it...it was a $10 investment....

On 8/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, Cuse_Cruiser44 said:

Good to know. The Graco Breaze is our everyday stroller. Took it to Disney World, on at least 25 buses. Great travel stroller and 1 yo dd naps well in it so must be comfy. Taking it on our upcoming cruise too. Glad to know it worked so well for you.

As an aside..... we have a 17 yo son so those that declare since their kid/s are grown or almost, they are experts.... oh please! Every kid is so different. I give moms and dads the benefit of the doubt. They know their kids better than self proclaimed anonymous experts.

Do what ya gotta do to maintain sanity, safety, and peace on YOUR vacation.  

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1