2 Year old Grandaughter - port rules and birthday

wineandbeach

We will be doing a family cruise which includes my son, daughter-in-law and grandchild. Would I be able to take the baby off the ship at a port without the parents or get on the ship at a port without them (to let the parents enjoy the port a little longer). Just want to cover all bases in case my husband and I want to give the parents a break.

Also, She will be turning 2 on a port day on the ship. Any recommendations for some fun and simple things we can do to celebrate - There will be 8 adults and her on the cruise.

Yes, you can take her off the ship as long as YOU carry her ship's card.

Can't help with the birthday thing...she won't even know unless you tell her! You can order a cake from the ship, or balloons...2 year olds are quite easy to please!

I haven't sailed Celebrity, but did sail Princess when my son was 2. Princess allowed children under 2 into the kids clubs with parental supervision (I don't know if they still do this, and don't believe Celebrity ever did this). But the kids club staff on Princess was great with the kids, and always saved the day's craft projects for all the kids onboard (there were only 11 children on the sailing, so it was easy to do). You might want to go to the kids club and ask if there are any crafts they do with the kids you could take with you to do in the cabin for your child's birthday (my son really loved all the arts and crafts in the kids clubs). There's no guarantee they would say yes, but it might be worth a shot asking.

• 3 weeks later...