Bathrobes in cabin

Skierguy

Never been on a P&O cruise before and looking through the website today it appears you don't have a bathrobe in cabin unless you are in a superior deluxe cabin or above. I just assumed a bathrobe would be a given, how disappointing 😟

That's right Skierguy.

I just pack a lightweight bathrobe. In my experience, the bathrobes that I've had on other cruise lines are waffle types and are not especially large and only just about cover up your "bits"! So no problem taking my own.

We had a balcony cabin and wanted bathrobes as well,

so we bought two for £29 that were delivered to our cabin .

I was pleased the quality, lightweight white and very fluffy

and of a large size.

Bathrobes are supplied by Decotex and can be bought directly

from P&O website amongst other gifts.

P&O gift link (bathrobes are under ships souveners :))

Edited by kalos

I think we'll have bathrobes this time as we've booked a superior deluxe. Does anyone know if we get to keep them or if we have to leave them behind?

Yes, you are required to leave bathrobe behind. My friend once was in a SDL cabin on Oceana and packed away his bathrobe and took it home. Two weeks after returning he received a bill from P&O for £40 and that was several years ago. Of course you can take home the white slippers if you wish they are free. :D

I think we'll have bathrobes this time as we've booked a superior deluxe. Does anyone know if we get to keep them or if we have to leave them behind?

bathrobes can be boiled washed and re used (OH last one had a large hole in it, so got it changed pronto).

The slippers could not be boiled so you can take then home with you and treasure them.

Last few cruises we have done they have let you keep them on the last night. In the past they disappeared on the last full day, so you could not accidently pack them.

funny, I never use such a thing. I dry with a towel and get dressed!

I just love to have my shower and then sit out on the balcony all wrapped up in my dressing gown having a glass of vino before getting ready.

A holiday treat for me and dh has a beer.

Edited by Skierguy

On Princess, they're not automatically supplied but if you ask they'll bring you one. Is this not the case with P&O, maybe?

I think that this perhaps used to be the case years ago, but I don't think in more recent times they do this.

• 2 years later...
On Princess, they're not automatically supplied but if you ask they'll bring you one. Is this not the case with P&O, maybe?

My wife's sister and BIL requested robes on our recent cruise and their steward supplied them, but they are Canadians who normally sail on Princess and expect these sort of things.;p