Dubai - QE2 Tour

Does anyone know the distance between the P&O dock and the QE2 Berth at Port Rashid?

Is it accessible from one to the other?

Having sailed on all 3 Cunard Queens I would love to visit their predecessor when we sail to Dubai on Oceana next January

Google Earth is your friend! Put in "QE2 Dubai" and it will take you to her. The cruise terminal is on the finger pier immediatly north, so only a couple of ship lengths apart, but you have to go round the dock.

Simon

Google Earth is your friend! Put in "QE2 Dubai" and it will take you to her. The cruise terminal is on the finger pier immediatly north, so only a couple of ship lengths apart, but you have to go round the dock.

Simon

Thanks Simon. I saw a video last night showing the main cruise port and you could see QE2 in the background. Doesn't look too far but I wondered how open the roads were to pedestrians. Some ports don't allow people walking about uncontrolled.

Either way it's not too far so a taxi might suffice if no walking.

If QE2 are clever they'll have a shuttle bus to capture the Cunard fans and the curious

Thanks Simon. I saw a video last night showing the main cruise port and you could see QE2 in the background. Doesn't look too far but I wondered how open the roads were to pedestrians. Some ports don't allow people walking about uncontrolled.

Either way it's not too far so a taxi might suffice if no walking.

If QE2 are clever they'll have a shuttle bus to capture the Cunard fans and the curious

I’m not sure whether you can walk from terminal 2 & 3 to 1 where the QE2 is now a permanent fixture. Whilst Port Rashid is no longer a ‘working’ port security is still in evidence and there are several check-points within the port and the roads within are not very well signed. However, whenever cruise ships are in port there are always taxis available so getting one from A to B shouldn’t be a problem. It will be fully open as the QE2 Hotel from late October but some of the bars and restaurants are already open to the public without having to be staying onboard...

Anne..

• 4 weeks later...

The cruise terminal provides a free shuttle from the ship to a few areas of interest nearby (such as Dubai Mall, Mercato etc), but the bus goes right past the entrance to the QE2 Dubai, so I'm sure you could ask the driver to stop briefly for you.