Drinks and tips

Onelung

The 15% service charge was incorporated into the price of the drinks some years ago. That is why you don't see them mentioned in the service reward scheme. Just as an aside, back in the days of cash, it was fun juggling with notes on the open deck and on more than one occasion I saw a fiver fly over the side from the poor stewards hand .. ahhhh

Left out

The 15% service charge was incorporated into the price of the drinks some years ago. That is why you don't see them mentioned in the service reward scheme. Just as an aside, back in the days of cash, it was fun juggling with notes on the open deck and on more than one occasion I saw a fiver fly over the side from the poor stewards hand .. ahhhh

Left out

Perhaps it was a ten bob note .. smiles

The 15% service charge was incorporated into the price of the drinks some years ago. That is why you don't see them mentioned in the service reward scheme....

As first time P&O passengers we thought it strange there was no tip stated on the form nor a place to add one. We were equally surprised at the reaction of our bar server when we tipped cash. The look of surprise was followed by a big smile and thereafter, immediate service the moment we entered the bar.

I've not kept the receipt but I'm sure when we ate in The Glass House on Azura last week there was a service charge on the bill when my other half signed it. So maybe if you eat in select dining venues you may find that on your bill. Has anyone else noticed this? It may be a regular thing as it's not something we've done on other ships.

Sam.

I've not kept the receipt but I'm sure when we ate in The Glass House on Azura last week there was a service charge on the bill when my other half signed it. So maybe if you eat in select dining venues you may find that on your bill. Has anyone else noticed this? It may be a regular thing as it's not something we've done on other ships.

Sam.

Never had a service charge added in Limelight, Beach house or Epicurean. Possibly a space for extra tip for you to fill in?

Never had a service charge added in Limelight, Beach house or Epicurean. Possibly a space for extra tip for you to fill in?

If I remember rightly it was about £5.something. didn't see a space to fill in. I just noticed it as the waitress was going through what we'd had. I could have mistaken it for something else though.

When we were on Britannia back in March we were surprised to see an extra £7.50 added to the bill at the end,while we knew certain things on the menu carried a surcharge we didn't realise that it was extra to eat there,don't remember paying similar when we were on her 5 years ago.

When we were on Britannia back in March we were surprised to see an extra £7.50 added to the bill at the end,while we knew certain things on the menu carried a surcharge we didn't realise that it was extra to eat there,don't remember paying similar when we were on her 5 years ago.

£7.50 would be beach house. Used to £5.

Always paid to eat in there as long as I've sailed with them (8 years)

The Beach House was introduced on Ventura at launch in 2008. At that time there was no cover charge but a supplement on some items on the menu.

At present the cover charge is £7.50 (£10 on 1-2 day cruises) still with a supplement on some items.

Brian

We have used the Beach house & The Glasshouse and never had a service charge although some of the dishes do have an additional charge but they are mentioned in the menu. We enjoy the sizzling platter in the Beach house. And the sharing fish platter in the Glasshouse

There has been a cover charge on all ships that have a Beach House for some time it used to be free and some dishes had an extra supplement. The Glass House has always had an individually priced menu with no cover charge.

There has been a cover charge on all ships that have a Beach House for some time it used to be free and some dishes had an extra supplement. The Glass House has always had an individually priced menu with no cover charge.

And both are well worth the modest charge

Sam.

I think you've mis-read it as a gratuity isn't added other than the spa