Experience with Tandem Double Stroller?

kimstoess

I will have a 10 month old and 2 year old on my cruise and want to bring my Tandem Stroller. I was curious about your experience with this was? I'm considering bringing a umbrella stroller as well just incase we can carry one baby just because I'm not sure how fun it will be to use such a big stroller.

One thing I'd warn you about is to scout out the pathway before using a stroller. It was very common for housekeeping carts to block the hallways, and you can't get around them even with a single stroller. So sometimes you'd need to go in a different direction to get to the nearest elevator.

I think a tandem would be a nightmare. Where are you going to store it? You can’t leave it in the hall so will it collapse flat enough to slide under the bed?

Also, keep in mind that spaces on a ship are tight. Everything from between tables to walkways on the Lido or promenade with people walk, stopping or turning every which direction. In the MDR there is really no space for one.

Having cruised with a 2 year old, I only brought an umbrella and only used it in port. The ship is small enough that a child can walk and hold hands any distance they need to go. You could have 2 for shore excursions and only keep the 10 month old in it as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a cruise we just returned from there was a young family that had one of these tandem stroller's...and everywhere we saw them they were having problems...especially trying to get on an elevator. Reconsider and bring a single small light weight stroller or two if you think you might need two in ports.

The tandem stroller will be difficult in pretty much the whole cruise. The hallways are narrow and the main areas are usually busy. I can honestly say, tandem strollers are a PITA for those around you in busy places. (And in the Elevators, etc)

We have twins and used a tandem stroller a lot when they were little. Later we used a sit and stand stroller. They were awesome for the zoo, the mall, the state fair, etc. It would be a nightmare on a cruise ship. When they were almost 2, we went to Chicago by plane and used two umbrella strollers. The freedom was amazing, they store in a LOT less space, and they are lightweight.