Looking for information about River Cruises

Liga713

We want to do a river cruise next July to celebrate my Birthday. We have done many ocean cruises on Silversea and Crystal. How do Crystal’s River cruises compare to other lines? Any info will be much appreciated. Thank you

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
moved to new thread

I am sure you will get Crystal specific responses but since you are new to river cruising, my first recommendation is to read the stickies by Host Jazzbeau on the main page (above the thread listings). There are a number of informational postings on river cruising, cruise lines, etc. My second recommendation is look at the the various threads by doing a search on Crystal.

Most important issue is to understand that river cruises are not like ocean ones. Do your research. There are a host of sites that compare the two. One topic that I haven't seen mentioned is that unlike ocean cruises, where you probably visit many different countries and cultures, river cruises stay within only a few countries. Subsequently, the food on board may have a sameness to them over time. Several people have mentioned that after two weeks they've essentially memorized the menu. The river boat's kitchen is much smaller than an ocean ship, so their ability to customize may also be limited. A lot depends on the cruise line of course.