Sony camera and lens deals

pierces

Just a heads-up.

The occasional Sony authorized price cuts and trade-in deals are active right now. If, like me, you were holding off on that lens or camera upgrade until the semi-annual deal period, tale a look. Since it's a Sony driven event, the price drops should be in effect at all retailers.

I saved $100 on the FE 70-300 G zoom and while I could probably afford the extra money, the drop made up my mind and I pulled the trigger.

Dave

Yeah. B&H made sure I was aware of this earlier today...

The 18-135 is suddenly below $500. That may get tempting (although the 16-70 Sony/Zeiss is pretty much glued to my A6500).

Well, I pulled the trigger and the 70-300mm bullet hit the porch yesterday. I've had zero time to do anything but mount it on the camera and peek through it but this weekend will see some serious hands-on time.

Same beautiful, solid build as the 24-105G

and though not small, it's a bit smaller than I expected. Even when I mounted the A6300 on it (yes, I meant to say it that way) it still balances well in the left hand. It feels like a majority of the weight is at the rear half all but when fully extended.

Enough babbling about the new toy. I'll do a more thorough review over the next week or so and wring the heck out of it on the next cruise later in September.

Dave

I'll do a more thorough review over the next week or so and wring the heck out of it on the next cruise later in September.

Dave

Your review may talk me out of selling my Sony 70-300mm! Great lens but a bit too heavy for me.