1st time on MSC how gay friendly?

rwdtgb

all is great - have sailed now 6 times on MSC and have 3 more cruises booked with them - never an issue - if a particular staff member is not gay, they are very gay friendly - even the captain was very entertaining....dont worry at all, you will have a great time for sure....

If you can take ANY other cruise line. I recommend that you do. MSC in my opinion is pretty terrible.

i have to disagree with you - it is now our fvourite cruise line - cruised 5/6 time already and have 3 more booked - however, we book the YC as it the best value at sea - if you have a little european heritage in you, you will love MSC, but if you are looking at meals under 45minutes, then perhaps not for you - again, but my opinion...\

may i ask what u disliked about MSC???

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We've never had any issue with MSC at all having cruised 4 times previously with them and 5 times with NCL. MSC is great value, great fun and much better mix of different nationalities. Two cruises on Armonia booked for August 2019 and looking forward to them greatly.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, uawolff said:

If you can take ANY other cruise line. I recommend that you do. MSC in my opinion is pretty terrible.

MSC does have it's draw backs but it sure is cheap and has great ships.. We are booked on our 4th cruise on MSC over Christmas this year..
Personally..I have avoided NCL since a transatlantic on the Epic that I considered a ship you could not pay me to book again.

To each his own I guess.

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

707 days at sea

82 cruises

14 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all!!  We are avid cruisers 39 for my partner and 38 for me... We did one NCL - never again - and though we have not been on MSC we have heard from friends and seen the overall poor reviews of MSC. I personally would not go on it because it is cheap.  We heard the ships are beautiful, but MSC generally caters to a European crowd and food is fair to poor at best.

Our favorites for the mid-priced cruise lines are Celebrity and Princess. That is as good as it gets before you take the next step to an Azamara or Oceania... There are some great deals around.  I just snagged a 10 Day on Celebrity to the S. Caribbean for $889PP during Spring Break.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!!! :classic_biggrin:

I just got off the seaview on Saturday and I was impressed.  I still wouldn’t take them again.  Been on MANY cruises and I would much rather have celebrity and royal.   But the ship is amazing.  The shows were great and the food was okay. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, uawolff said:

I just got off the seaview on Saturday and I was impressed.  I still wouldn’t take them again.  Been on MANY cruises and I would much rather have celebrity and royal.   But the ship is amazing.  The shows were great and the food was okay. 

You get what you pay for.  MSC doesn't bill themselves as a premium line - nor do they charge premium prices. I booked a transatlantic on MSC Divina, 21 days, for $1100 all-in, solo. Paid for an inside, free upgrade to a balcony +$100 OBC. 

It's great to have choices. 

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 2/14/2019 at 12:39 PM, SeaTheW0rld said:

You get what you pay for.  MSC doesn't bill themselves as a premium line - nor do they charge premium prices. I booked a transatlantic on MSC Divina, 21 days, for $1100 all-in, solo. Paid for an inside, free upgrade to a balcony +$100 OBC. 

It's great to have choices. 

Wow, that’s $52 a night for a solo, with a balcony, and OBC to boot!  We paid that each for a TA on an older Royal ship and still thought it was a steal.  Even if the food is just ok, I am amazed that anything is included at that price.  Hope you had a great cruise!  

• Like 1

My partner & I first started to sail on MSC 10 years ago or so- and really enjoyed the European atmosphere & hospitality - its not for everyone  - especially Americans that like going to the mall & eating at chain restaurants.

I've sailed w my partner & as a solo & enjoyed each cruise - the ships have gotten bigger but for certain itins I love it.  i get a midship balcony cabin & on warmer climates have breakfast delivered - I'm not a buffet person but on MSC in the carib I ate almost all my meals at the buffet & PIZZA, PIZZA PIzza...the entertainent is quite varied & the crew treated everyone w respect(as long as the the passengers were respectful).

I've sailed since the 1970's on every line (except Carnivore)...MSC offers a good product at reasonable pricing...no its not SILVERSEA, etc (I'd pick a lower cabin on SILVERSEA etc over the YACHT CLUB on MSC - you are still onboard w thousands f people w MSC).

One other thing I noticed - on more American focused lines the passengers sit around like  abunch of rocks whil activities & music are playing...om MSC w many Europeans & S Americans onboard(oh those bathing suits) the passengers are up dancing & playing the games all the time  - I just watch the fun & really enjoy the fun!!!