World cruise insurance

Seagust

We have used Staysure for the last World Cruise.....unfortunately age, medical history and actual cost of your cruise will affect the price. I have not met anyone who has been quoted under about £1400 for a 100 day plus cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have used Staysure for the last World Cruise.....unfortunately age, medical history and actual cost of your cruise will affect the price. I have not met anyone who has been quoted under about £1400 for a 100 day plus cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanksjessybell I will give the a try

Thanksjessybell I will give the a try

We have travel insurance through our current account at the building society. We did have to pay about £40 extra to extend the time you are allowed to be away. Luckily we don't have any medical conditions and are under 60. I rang and spoke to them and they were happy to cover us for a cruise of that length.

hi can anyone point me in the right direction to get sensible travel insurance, have had some crazy quotes

If you have pre existing medical conditions then try Medical Travel Compared .co.uk. They regularly come out best value for my wife and I with our pre existing conditions for our cruises when we compare them to Staysure and other comparison websites. One proviso is that we've never been on a world cruise so have not used them for that! Enjoy your cruise!

My wife and I used Staysure for world cruise insurance (114 days) at a cost of £800 and both being zero rated for previous medical history. The second world cruise (also 114 days) we upgraded our Nat West bank insurance to platinum which gives annual world cover, at a cost of £19 per month. We also had to pay a supplement of £180. This worked out to be a huge saving. Check your bank first!

Also make sure that if you have to cancel, particularly when you've paid the final balance, that the company will cover you for the entire cost you'll have paid. Depending on the sort of cabin you book you may find that if you cancel the insurance company will only cover the first £5k, or sometimes £10k. If people have booked, for example, a suite or mini suite they could find that the amount reimbursed wouldn't be as great as the amount they paid for the cruise.

Also make sure that if you have to cancel, particularly when you've paid the final balance, that the company will cover you for the entire cost you'll have paid. Depending on the sort of cabin you book you may find that if you cancel the insurance company will only cover the first £5k, or sometimes £10k. If people have booked, for example, a suite or mini suite they could find that the amount reimbursed wouldn't be as great as the amount they paid for the cruise.

This is the problem we found and we are not even going on a worldie..just a Caribbean transatlantic. As its the Caribbean we have have been by numerous insurers when getting quotes that the Caribbean is classed as the usa, so that put the price up. Then how much money would they cover for ..we managed to get one that will pay 10,000. cruise is costing more than that..but to cover for the entire amount was bringing tears to my eyes. We decided to bite the bullet, and go for the standard not increase above 10,000.

One thing to check if going away for a long cruise is whether your house insurance will remain in effect throughout your absence. Mine would lapse if the house was to be unoccupied for a period of more than thirty consecutive days.