Too Many Emails!

jh1809

In recent weeks P&O marketing seems to have gone into overdrive with the number of emails they are sending me. New ones seem to be arriving almost on a daily basis, and I am starting to have second thoughts about having opted in to receive them. The last straw was the one they sent me today, encouraging me to book some excursions for the cruise I'm going on in October, since I booked a full set on the Personaliser several weeks ago!

Yes they are a pain. Add to that the fact that they made us use 2 separate email addresses for the loyalty club and now we get 2 of each!

That made me smile ---- you are not alone !!!!

I'm opted in and I haven't received any at all!

Same here, I haven't had emails for at least a couple of years and I've opted in too and again with the recent data protection changes. P&O aren't the only company I don't get mails from. Boots is another I'd opted in to that I never receive. I only get emails from P&O regarding any cruises I've booked. Get lots in the post though.

Sam.

I receive many e mails from P&O which gives me the impression rightly or wrongly that they are struggling for bookings. What makes it even more curious is that after doing 3 cruises a year with P&O for many years havent cruised with them since 2016. Perhaps they are trying to allure me back :eek::eek:

I receive many e mails from P&O which gives me the impression rightly or wrongly that they are struggling for bookings. What makes it even more curious is that after doing 3 cruises a year with P&O for many years havent cruised with them since 2016. Perhaps they are trying to allure me back :eek::eek:

We have had the same experience with Princess and last week we booked our first Princess cruise for 6 years and surprise surprise since booking I have only had emails related to the booked cruise with them.

My OH has changed his email and snailmail preferences on P&O, Cunard and Princess to not wanting them which solved the problem of receiving 2 copies of everything but has left everything else on his accounts as was.

P & O emailing seems to be very hit and miss. We always book through a TA, with me as the lead passenger, but we receive marketing emails addressed to my husband! When we were on our last cruise, we were told on countless occasions that we would all be receiving an email questionnaire once we returned home asking for our opinions on the cruise. That particular email never arrived!

Well I am feeling deprived now as I have only had one this month and that was on the first.

Unless all the cruises are full.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can have some of mine Dai, despite having cruises booked through to April next year with P&O, including a Caribbean round trip in January, I still get about 5 or 6 e-mails a month beseeching me to book a Cartibbean cruise, as well as lots of others in between.

I dont get any emails, phone calls, or post from P&O

I received a leaflet from Princess Cruises the other day and phoned them to ask them to remove me from their mailing lists - They said they will remove me but takes a few days to kick in so might get some more junk from them

I effing hate junk mail...

I seem to be getting emails from P&O around every other day at present - and I'm not exaggerating! We have 3 future cruises booked but all are before next May and all were booked when first released, so we haven't made any new bookings in a while. I also wondered if we were being targeted due to this fact, but none of the emails has contained anything remotely approaching an incentive, so have been quickly deleted. Like others, some have been prompts to book excursions which we already did months ago.

What is annoying is I get the same information in an email that I get the next day in the post!! I don’t want to turn off the post because I want the Moments magazine, but I haven’t got the latest one yet [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums