Anyone Tried the New AI Yet?

Eglesbrech

If they start selling on Day 2, which is what I have heard, then they can only charge you from day 2. No one would buy it if they charged you for a day that you didn’t get!

That’s what I said - Major Tom insists otherwise. I’ve emailed P&O to confirm but either way I’d still buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

May be worth keeping an eye on this thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2657045

I think the latest update/addition to the thread was a couple of weeks ago.

Yes thanks on that thread too - I guess it’s more relevant to get prices from Azura now that the package is available

If they start selling on Day 2, which is what I have heard, then they can only charge you from day 2. No one would buy it if they charged you for a day that you didn’t get!

They wont start selling it on day 2 they will be selling it from the minute you embark the ship and will be available to purchase for the first 2 days after that you will not be able to purchase it. Also has been said about purchasing the package it clearly states in the flyer in the restrictions section that the package must be purchased for every day of the cruise so I do not understand the confusion.

Yes thanks on that thread too - I guess it’s more relevant to get prices from Azura now that the package is available

As a well accustomed P&O cruiser I can say that the drinks prices throughout the fleet have been reasonable and remained fairly steady for a while now. Hopefully other P&O cruisers will agree.

Also, as far as I am aware the same bar menus are used throughout the fleet at least that used to be the situation. Hopefully they don’t start having different bar prices on different ships.

Also, It remains to be seen if P&O now suddenly decide to increase their bar prices, if so we will all no why

I have just read a number of comments from those who have been on Azura when the trial started. No one who actually used the package.

Comments.

Not any people seemed to use it.

Looked expensive

No mention of any price rise.

That’s as much as I can glean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have just read a number of comments from those who have been on Azura when the trial started. No one who actually used the package.

Comments.

Not any people seemed to use it.

Looked expensive

No mention of any price rise.

That’s as much as I can glean.

Thanks daiB for your feedback.

The good news then so far for us non converted is 'no mention of any price rise. :)

As the thread title suggests, it would be useful to have some practical views pros/cons from passengers who have actually purchased this package rather than speculation from some on how the package may benefit them in theory. ;)

I agree, but as it’s only just been introduced and anecdotal feedback is that very few people have purchased it, I think that’s inevitable.

Azura arrives back in the U.K. tomorrow, so I am hoping that from the weekend onwards we may hear some first hand experiences.

As I have said elsewhere, I suspect that families with young children (who will benefit from the free kids drinks package) will find it easier to make the price of the package stack up, but I am particularly interested in feedback from couples. Doubtless some will just like the fact that they have ‘certainty’ over their on board drinks prices, even if they are oblivious to the fact that they may have paid more for the privelige. The really interesting feedback will be from anyone who is sad enough (as I might be) to keep a log of how much their drinks would have cost had they not bought the drinks package and then work out how much they saved (or were out of pocket) as a result of the package. Suspect we might have a bit of a wait for that one!

We were in the Azura cruise that it was trialling on. It’s very expensive and the take up was very low. We looked at getting it but to make it work you pretty much have to be a hardcore alcoholic! I only found one family that had actually got it.

I have no idea how true or reliable their source is but i have read on Facebook that the trial ends in September and their are no plans to role it out. As I say not sure if this is true or not. Maybe just wishful thinking from someone!!....... I have messaged P&O on Facebook and their response was as follows.

Thank you for getting in touch. At the moment the pilot scheme is due to end in September and there are no plans for it to become permanent or to be rolled out fleet wide. The point of this pilot is too see what are guests prefer and how this would work on-board our ships, so although there is no guarantee, this may change.Either way, I hope you have a wonderful time on-board.

Edited by Harvey1976
Added something on

I have no idea how true or reliable their source is but i have read on Facebook that the trial ends in September and their are no plans to role it out. As I say not sure if this is true or not. Maybe just wishful thinking from someone!!....... I have messaged P&O on Facebook and their response was as follows.

Thank you for getting in touch. At the moment the pilot scheme is due to end in September and there are no plans for it to become permanent or to be rolled out fleet wide. The point of this pilot is too see what are guests prefer and how this would work on-board our ships, so although there is no guarantee, this may change.Either way, I hope you have a wonderful time on-board.

That’s promising if they are going to take note of how their passengers react to the package.

I like many others were concerned that P&O had orders from Carnival to make the package work at all costs (literally) and consider increasing the bar prices to make the package look more attractive.

Interesting response from P&O as the article in Moments magazine made no mention of it being a trial and on Azura only, the clear inference being that it was a fleet wide roll out.

Apart from Moments, which I have not had yet, every mention of this has been that it is a trial. The answer from P&O on FB only confirms everything I understand. You cannot say what is going to happen until you have assessed the trial.

Apart from Moments, which I have not had yet, every mention of this has been that it is a trial. The answer from P&O on FB only confirms everything I understand. You cannot say what is going to happen until you have assessed the trial.

Understand Dai and don’t disagree, but those whose only knowledge of this is from the Moments magazine will be turning up on all the ships and expecting the package to be available!

I think that apart from the cost which is out of balance to the bar prices compared to Princess and Celebrity packages, I think there are too many rules and exceptions, maybe they have done that to make it unattractive because they don't really want to have a drinks package available. Just a thought.

Understand Dai and don’t disagree, but those whose only knowledge of this is from the Moments magazine will be turning up on all the ships and expecting the package to be available!

To be honest I would of taken the package as I have £600 obc so the way I was seeing it is it was costing me £500. I understand people’s reluctance about it though. I think the mistake p&o made was to limit it to 15 drinks per day as people will take that as a challenge to get “there money’s worth” if they had left it as unlimited most people would not think about it.

They wont start selling it on day 2 they will be selling it from the minute you embark the ship and will be available to purchase for the first 2 days after that you will not be able to purchase it. Also has been said about purchasing the package it clearly states in the flyer in the restrictions section that the package must be purchased for every day of the cruise so I do not understand the confusion.

As I thought, you’re not charged for day 1 if you purchase on day 2

IMG_8903.thumb.JPG.4ffc2d80ea9696bcd764de9c4f1379d6.JPG

As a well accustomed P&O cruiser I can say that the drinks prices throughout the fleet have been reasonable and remained fairly steady for a while now. Hopefully other P&O cruisers will agree.

Also, as far as I am aware the same bar menus are used throughout the fleet at least that used to be the situation. Hopefully they don’t start having different bar prices on different ships.

Also, It remains to be seen if P&O now suddenly decide to increase their bar prices, if so we will all no why

The prices are different on other ships. I have a menu from Ventura that has a difference of 5p to 25p per drink compared to the one On Oceana.

I just can't add attachments for some reason to add it to the relevant thread.

The prices are different on other ships. I have a menu from Ventura that has a difference of 5p to 25p per drink compared to the one On Oceana.

I just can't add attachments for some reason to add it to the relevant thread.

That's interesting.

We have been on all P&O ships over the years and as far as I can recall the bar prices have remained fairly stable.

The last cruise was on Oceana a couple months ago and the prices were as we expected with no noticeable increase.

We will be on Aurora later in the year so we will be able see if our favourite drinks have increased.:)

Yes thanks, it would useful if you could add it to the relevant thread if possible.(y)

Edited by P-L-B
Additional information