Don't go on cruise without?

FraserK

Hi

On the countdown to my first ever cruise and I know I seen a post somewhere her whilst doing my research but a question to all you season cruisers.....what would you not leave without? Started my list but want to make sure that I don't miss something :D

Kat

41 days to go!!!

Hi

On the countdown to my first ever cruise and I know I seen a post somewhere her whilst doing my research but a question to all you season cruisers.....what would you not leave without? Started my list but want to make sure that I don't miss something :D

Kat

41 days to go!!!

Mrs Gut

My Camera

Pen

Notebook.

But none of those might apply to you and most lists don’t apply to me.

Hi

Kat

41 days to go!!!

Plenty of cash USD, € and credit card

The new on board shops do not really have a stock of basics anymore, what they do have is very expensive, so try not to forget toothpaste, tissues, (especially tissues) for the dreaded cabin cough. Other than that you can get by, magnets are a good idea to attach tickets and horizon to cabin wall.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Forums mobile app

Depending on how many devices you have, a 4-way can be useful . We have readers x 2, camera batteries x 2, phones x 2 and tablet all of which need charging up - some more than others and hair tongs etc need an outlet too. Since you are told not to leave anything plugged in when not in your cabin, or even overnight and we like to be out and about as much as possible - on the ship or at Ports of Call the 'windows' for charging narrow down - getting ready in the morning, for our evening meal and for a time settling down for bed. I think we would struggle without the 4-way to keep everything charged up.

More than 1 credit card and also a list of credit/debit card issuers phone numbers in case of loss/theft, photocopy or digital copy of passport details and travel insurance details. Not very interesting but very important if you need them.

Patience and a sense of humour.

This.

In addition - passport, credit card, essential medications and small stock of 'just in case' medication. Other than that, we can usually manage, even if we did forget something 'vital'.

I remember how excited I was as we counted down to our first ever cruise :) I still love cruising but nothing is ever quite like the first one. Happy cruising!

A different outfit for every day

Only one outfit per day? I always need 1 for each day and 1 for each evening and a couple more so that I have choice even on the last night. OH claims that this is OTT, but what does he know.

Don't forget shoes to go with the clothes 😀😀

Something for sea sickness just in case. You probably won’t use it as most modern ships are extremely stable but it’s comforting to have it.

Travel sickness tablets or if you prefer natural stem ginger is also useful. Drinking ginger beer at the first sign of feeling wheezy is also recommended.

Have a lovely cruise and when you get back tell us if you are hooked like the rest of us on here.

Only one outfit per day? I always need 1 for each day and 1 for each evening and a couple more so that I have choice even on the last night. OH claims that this is OTT, but what does he know.

Don't forget shoes to go with the clothes 😀😀

Definitely take an outfit for daytime and evening. Love getting dressed up at night. Usually buy something when I'm away too. Like having something a bit different

More than 1 credit card and also a list of credit/debit card issuers phone numbers in case of loss/theft, photocopy or digital copy of passport details and travel insurance details. Not very interesting but very important if you need them.

Add to that your EHIC card in Europe (at least for now!) and take it out with you. If needed on shore you will have to show it at the point of seeking medical assistance otherwise you'll be into private care - or so I believe. I've read that saying your card is on the ship and you can get it shortly doesn't cut it. Never been in that situation but it's made us careful to try to remember to take it off the ship when we go.

Also we take our driving licences as in some countries they say you need some official ID and if passports aren't specifically required, we'd rather take out driving licences than passports. (It's also useful if you're of an age where Senior concessions are available for travel, entry fees etc but some ID is required.)

Add to that your EHIC card in Europe (at least for now!) and take it out with you. If needed on shore you will have to show it at the point of seeking medical assistance otherwise you'll be into private care - or so I believe. I've read that saying your card is on the ship and you can get it shortly doesn't cut it. Never been in that situation but it's made us careful to try to remember to take it off the ship when we go.

Never had to use it but EHIC is only valid if you have an address on land and not a cruise ship in transit

I take far too much!!;)

an umbrella

Large supermarket carrier/ bigger plastic holdall/blue Ikea bag to store dirty clothes & to carry them to laundrette

washing tablets - I take the solid ones not the capsules which may burst

magnets for wall

large towel clips for sun beds

1st aid kit

backpack for beach days

lots of books most of which once read I leave onboard

pegs for bathroom line to dry swimming gear

£2 coins to tip room service when they bring our morning coffee(optional)

box of wine

water bottle