Vegetarian & specialty restaurants

CaraLark

Hi, hoping some seasoned cruiser can help. We are due to sail on our second cruise this September. On our first cruise, we were both meat eaters. We are now both vegetarian. I rang P&O to update them and I understand there is a separate vegetarian menu each day for the MDR. What about the specialty restaurants? This cruise is to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, and we had originally planned to treat ourselves. I’ve looked at the sample menus but can only see one vegetarian option - is that the case? Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

I can only answer in respect of The Epicurean. There is usually just the one veggie option as far as I can remember. Not sure if you eat fish but there are a couple of fish options. There are 2 separate menus that rotate every 3-4 days. My advice would be to go and speak to the manager once on board explain and ask if there are any other options. They are usually very good and should help.

Many thanks for your reply. I don't eat fish, although my husband does, so that could be okay. I just resent paying the cover charge for no choice and us both eating the same food. I get that we don't have to eat at the specialty restaurants. I've heard good things about the Glass House, and the Beach House seems to offer a good selection.

Thanks for the suggestion of speaking to the restuarant manager - I will make a point of doing that. Thank you.

Hi there,

I don't eat meat, but I do eat fish, and I've never had a problem finding anything on any P&O menu.

Can highly recommend both The Glass House and Beach House. You don't need to book for either in advance.

The Epicurean is superb and not to be missed!

In the MDR, when you are having dinner, I believe they will show you the vegetarian menu for the following evening and you choose what you would like then.

The staff have always been extremely accommodating so just ask. :)

If you like curry then Sindu might be a good choice for you.

They offer the signature dish as a meat or vegetarian option, that is 3 small dishes with all the bits and pieces to go with it, they also have interesting veggie starters and another main.