All things Boudicca

SausPud

Where did I say I don't believe you? I've merely asked SaucePud to let us know if there is norovirus about when he is on the ship. A snapshot if you get my meaning. But it seems that

he doesn't consider my question to be of a sufficiently high standard to warrant an answer. Please accept my apologies if I've caused offence.

I would think that unless there are several cases you would not know. We have been on board Balmoral when, for a few days, everything had to be served - no self service etc and some rooms were being deep cleaned by people in protective clothing head to foot etc but thankfully we were fine. Other times it was more of a whisper that Nv was around.

I notice that FO ships take the virus very seriously with Captain’s warning every day and staff constantly offering spray on entry to the dining rooms.

By contrast on our recent Marella cruise there were standard warnings and cleaning sprays everywhere but I would say the decision to use was left with the passenger.

• 3 weeks later...
I would be very interested to know if the ship is free of Norovirus since its recent refit. When we went on it a few years ago around half the passengers were affected. It was so bad that it made the newspapers back in the UK! The cruises preceding ours and those afterwards also experienced high levels of Norovirus and we have avoided travelling on it ever since. It's significant that we received a brochure today from FOCL advertising a cruise in Iceland and Greenland but declined to specify which ship is being used. Any information SausPud would be very helpful.

Here is the update, for others or anyone out there with an interest.

No Norovirus outbreaks, very clean ship.

Well thank you for your offer and I would like to take you up on it :). I would like to know what toiletries are provided.....shower gel, shampoo etc so I know what I don't have to pack and I'm sure you'll like this one.....what hairdryer is provided ? I hope it's not one of those on the wall in the bathroom. And if you are on a fly cruise what happens on disembarkation day when your flight isn't until later in the day?

Only minor things I know but I am sure evrything else will be fine. Any other tips /information you come up with after your trip will be appreciated.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Toiletries - In the Bathtub/shower - Shower Gel & Shampoo (1 bottle of each)

- At the Sink - Hand wash & Body Lotion (1 Bottle of each)

Only took my toothbrush and paste, plus deodorant.

Hairdryer - Unbranded but powerful (Wife say's it was a good one) and had the defuser attachments (3 types)

No USB charger in room and the TV sockets are disabled.

Cabin was huge and a video is available to watch here:

Hi and I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Thanks for these answers and the video. I'm looking forward to it even more now.

I'm only in an ocean view cabin but the interiors look lovely. Oh and the dryer will be fine thanks.....more clothes can be packed now! 😊

Bet you're looking at the itineraries for your next one already 😄🚢

Olwen 😊

Hi and I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Thanks for these answers and the video. I'm looking forward to it even more now.

I'm only in an ocean view cabin but the interiors look lovely. Oh and the dryer will be fine thanks.....more clothes can be packed now! 😊

Bet you're looking at the itineraries for your next one already 😄🚢

Olwen 😊

Already booked for next year and looking into easter and summer 2020 (expand my signature for details)

The cruise was great but prefer the larger ships and newer ones. Fred Olsen has got more expensive now and not worth it for the type of ship they have. The crew and itineraries are the only draws. My next year cruise in a cabin twice the size with flights and drinks and grats included is cheaper than this Fred Olsen one.