Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 39

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, September 24 and Sunday, September 30.

Rules:

See above

That's it. This isn't a contest. All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others

October decorations are starting to appear in the stores and will be showing up around the house in a couple of weeks. Our new friend pictured here was an early arrival due to a sale at some store or another and increased awareness of witch lore from our visit to the Salem Witchcraft Museum. It was quickly brought to my attention that the overhead lights on the counter left her face in shadow, so a few minutes and a $3 string of LED fairy lights cured that and ended up looking sort of cool. Of course, the camera came out. If I had to dig out a tripod and fuss with it, this picture may not have been taken. Sharp images at 1 /10 second handheld makes it a great time to be a photographer.

Season of the Witch

p3095810002-5.jpg

Dave

October decorations are starting to appear in the stores and will be showing up around the house in a couple of weeks. Our new friend pictured here was an early arrival due to a sale at some store or another and increased awareness of witch lore from our visit to the Salem Witchcraft Museum. It was quickly brought to my attention that the overhead lights on the counter left her face in shadow, so a few minutes and a $3 string of LED fairy lights cured that and ended up looking sort of cool. Of course, the camera came out. If I had to dig out a tripod and fuss with it, this picture may not have been taken. Sharp images at 1 /10 second handheld makes it a great time to be a photographer.

Season of the Witch

p3095810002-5.jpg

Dave

She is scary!!

Our neighbors put up their orange lights on Sunday.

Some more wildlife from this past weekend here in S. Florida's astounding heat and humidity...

A young turtle popping up under the lilypads to have a peek around at the surface:

original.jpg

Two very distant birds across the wetlands - a roseate spoonbill and a little blue heron behind:

original.jpg

A big-eyed moth:

original.jpg

A very talkative duck who seemed to be giving me a dissertation:

original.jpg

One of our first and earliest migrating/wintering birds - a yellow-throated warbler:

original.jpg