10-4-18 Thursday Weigh-In How Are You Doing On Our Little Challenge So Far?

Belle

Why are the weeks going by so fast

Really be nice if they did last

Seems like it doesn't give us enough time

After seven days a loss should be (ours) mine

Now so fast the seven days turns into a week

How can we lose weight we seek

I know I know it is enough time to lose if very good

Really have to watch our drinks and food

Exercise should be a big part of our day

So easy to say we will do it in our own way

But do we really exercise enough during the months of the year

Should be so easy to do even if just walking our shoes are near

Eating right and exercising is what we should do for life you know

What we have to learn is when to say Yes and when to say No

As you can see I'm back. Had a good cruise. Good weather..No rain!

Now trying to get ready for next cruise. Dealing with my car not sure

if getting fixed now with leaving for six weeks, even if have time to get done before I leave.

Plus the flake who hit me hasn't even contacted his insurance company yet. You know they

want to hear from both parties. More of a hassle. My insurance will pay to fix but

want his to pay..his fault.:mad:

So a little depressed with all this going on at this time. Different things are going on to that

I have to deal with. One thing I'm not really looking forward to. So not a happy person at this time.:(

{{{Hugs, Belle}}} Sorry you are going through a rough patch, but at least you had a cruise and are getting to go on another:cool:

I'm battling a stomach virus here, mostly just pain but it's stop me dead in my tracks pain and I never know when it will hit or for how long. Like the song says "I haven't got time for the pain":mad::(

Down 2.4# -over halfway back to pre-cruise weight:) I have a short run tonight (1.25 miles) and weight training - hoping my body cooperates.

Here's the challenge if anyone missed it:

So let's begin our our quest to lose at least six pounds (hope for more)

From now 9-20.18 to 12-27-18..14 weeks!

Sorry we don't count today's loss, we start with today's weight.

Mark it down so you won't forget what you started at

Since I was at sea on the 20th:cool: (feels so long ago) I'll start with last week's weight.

2.4 of 6#

Belle, sorry to hear that you are still dealing with your car issues. The person who hit you is so irresponsible. What a shame. I'm glad to hear that you had a great cruise though. Nice to be looking forward to six weeks of vacation. I hope that you can resolve some of the car issues before you leave.

pacruise, sorry about your stomach virus. Congrats on the loss though. You are doing great with the challenge.

I stayed the same. Last week I forgot to weigh-in but I went to the dr for my follow-up and I was the same. So for me 0 of the 6lbs lost for the challenge. I am at my final goal weight, but would still like to see another 6lb loss. I will try.

Rose

Hi All! I am new to this thread and the Lose Before You Cruise board. I'm looking forward to the extra support and encouragement.

This week I am disappointed to report zero loss (to put a positive spin on it, zero gain!). For the 6lb challenge 9/20-12/27 I am down 5.4. That feels like some success!

I am two months into seriously committing to my weight loss and changing eating habits, the total loss since starting in August is 16 pounds. My goal is losing 68 pounds. My next cruise isn't until January 2020 and I'd like to be near my goal by then. That's about 3.5 pounds per month loss, which I don't think is overly optimistic if I can stick to it! :halo:

I was on a week long cruise two weeks ago and my plan going in was to not feel any guilt about enjoying the food and drink and just get back on track when I got home. I only gained two pounds over the week and lost that already! I think the slowdown this week might be related to the extra eating and drinking (a lot of drinking!) on the cruise. Also, my activity level has been down after improving with all those cruise ship stairs, and I got a beast of a cold virus the day we got home!

Welcome Shellbelle!

Good job maintaining - we all hit plateaus. It sounds like you've been doing well overall.

3.5 pound per month loss sounds like a very reasonable goal. I've always heard 1# per week if you are being really intentional (and don't have other issues like thyroid to complicate things) is attainable and sustainable. It doesn't seem like much week to week, but it's 50# at the end of the year:eek:

I didn't do as well as you - gained 4 on my 7 day cruise. Over half is off though. We got the upper respiratory stuff when we got home too:(

Hope we all feel better soon:)

Sorry for venting. Better mood today. See even I can"t be wonderful

all the time!:eek::D

I'm up a pound, not from the cruise (didn't gain, lot of walking) but from

snacking to much at home, (The bad mood likes to eat)

Pacruise..Thanks for the hugs. Yes happy to have a long cruise coming up.

Sorry your not feeling well. Take it easy and get well. Doing good on the

Challenge even starting late. Sorry you got sick when got home.

Rose..How are you feeling? Getting better each day. Nice you haven't gained.

Your at goal that is something we all wish we were at. Celebrate!

Shellbelle..Welcome! Your doing great on your weight loss. Glad you had a good cruise

and lost your little cruise weight gain already. Sorry you got sick when you got home too.

Everyone stay well winter and holidays coming! Don't forget the Flu Shots! Have to get mine before

I leave. Everyone have a good weekend.

Sorry for venting. Better mood today. See even I can"t be wonderful

all the time!:eek::D

I'm up a pound, not from the cruise (didn't gain, lot of walking) but from

snacking to much at home, (The bad mood likes to eat)

Pacruise..Thanks for the hugs. Yes happy to have a long cruise coming up.

Sorry your not feeling well. Take it easy and get well. Doing good on the

Challenge even starting late. Sorry you got sick when got home.

Rose..How are you feeling? Getting better each day. Nice you haven't gained.

Your at goal that is something we all wish we were at. Celebrate!

Shellbelle..Welcome! Your doing great on your weight loss. Glad you had a good cruise

and lost your little cruise weight gain already. Sorry you got sick when you got home too.

Everyone stay well winter and holidays coming! Don't forget the Flu Shots! Have to get mine before

I leave. Everyone have a good weekend.

Thank you for the welcome! I hope life starts treating you better very soon. I know about that bad mood snack monster for sure.

I got my flu shot last week!

Welcome Shellbelle!

Good job maintaining - we all hit plateaus. It sounds like you've been doing well overall.

3.5 pound per month loss sounds like a very reasonable goal. I've always heard 1# per week if you are being really intentional (and don't have other issues like thyroid to complicate things) is attainable and sustainable. It doesn't seem like much week to week, but it's 50# at the end of the year:eek:

I didn't do as well as you - gained 4 on my 7 day cruise. Over half is off though. We got the upper respiratory stuff when we got home too:(

Hope we all feel better soon:)

Thank you. I am grabbing at every tool and source of support to stay the course with the weight loss. A once-in-a-lifetime cruise to Australia and NZ is a great incentive. Of course I want to feel better about my appearance, but I really want to be fit enough to enjoy more active excursions.

Glad you're feeling somewhat better today Belle. Hope you get the insurance stuff worked out quickly. I lost 1 lb. this week.

pacruise you were just on the Pride right? Did you notice if they have the new cakes for dessert at lunch on the Lido? I probably shouldn't talk about cakes here but I'm excited to try them. We'll be on a 2 week Journey cruise on the Pride in a month.

Thank you. I am grabbing at every tool and source of support to stay the course with the weight loss. A once-in-a-lifetime cruise to Australia and NZ is a great incentive. Of course I want to feel better about my appearance, but I really want to be fit enough to enjoy more active excursions.

Australia and NZ sound amazing:hearteyes: Your priorities are good - most of us do want to look nice, but being healthy enough to enjoy life is the most important:)

Glad you're feeling somewhat better today Belle. Hope you get the insurance stuff worked out quickly. I lost 1 lb. this week.

pacruise you were just on the Pride right? Did you notice if they have the new cakes for dessert at lunch on the Lido? I probably shouldn't talk about cakes here but I'm excited to try them. We'll be on a 2 week Journey cruise on the Pride in a month.

Congrats on the loss:cool: I didn't notice any new cakes, but a few might have been different from earlier this year. We ate at David's the first night and they were still on the old steakhouse menu so I think the Pride is slower in getting the new roll-outs. The few desserts I did try didn't wow me and I couldn't get the servers to only give me small pieces so I didn't try very many (it's hard for me to waste food that I've taken, but I'm getting better at not finishing if too much was served).

The pay desserts at the coffee shop outside Red Frog Pub look amazing, but we were always too full - or at least not hungry - when we were in that area. Between my morning hot chocolate, some breakfast muffins (the cappuccino were awesome when they had them), and wine & ciders;p my sweet tooth was more than satisfied:D

Have a great trip, we love the Pride. One tip - we did find the fitness area very warm compared to the rest of the ship (probably due to the jacuzzi). I'd try to get cardio in using the running track or even the sun deck early in the morning instead of treadmill or elliptical. We were mostly in for weights and just wiped down between sets.

I posted a long message yesterday, but somehow managed to click out before posting ... sigh!

To make it short ... I seem to have gained what I lost the week before 0.4# ... will try again. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

(Hang in there Belle !) Jan

Australia and NZ sound amazing:hearteyes: Your priorities are good - most of us do want to look nice, but being healthy enough to enjoy life is the most important:)

Congrats on the loss:cool: I didn't notice any new cakes, but a few might have been different from earlier this year. We ate at David's the first night and they were still on the old steakhouse menu so I think the Pride is slower in getting the new roll-outs. The few desserts I did try didn't wow me and I couldn't get the servers to only give me small pieces so I didn't try very many (it's hard for me to waste food that I've taken, but I'm getting better at not finishing if too much was served).

The pay desserts at the coffee shop outside Red Frog Pub look amazing, but we were always too full - or at least not hungry - when we were in that area. Between my morning hot chocolate, some breakfast muffins (the cappuccino were awesome when they had them), and wine & ciders;p my sweet tooth was more than satisfied:D

Have a great trip, we love the Pride. One tip - we did find the fitness area very warm compared to the rest of the ship (probably due to the jacuzzi). I'd try to get cardio in using the running track or even the sun deck early in the morning instead of treadmill or elliptical. We were mostly in for weights and just wiped down between sets.

Thanks, I've been really looking forward to trying the new cakes, they look great. Maybe the will have them in a few weeks. We've always been too full to try the cakes at the coffee shop too, but I have heard good things about them. I find the gym too warm on all the ships. When possible, we do our cardio on deck. This our 4th time on the Pride but the first since they did the 2.0 upgrade.

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes. I can smell my turkey cooking. I did make a couple of desserts but not the apple pie with 2 Caramilk bars & whipping cream in it that DD likes. None of us needs that many calories!!

I didn't weigh in this week as I had the cataract surgery Tuesday & am not to bend except to tie my shoes so a good excuse not to get the scale out. Also not to lift anything more than 10 lbs so needed a helping hand with the turkey.

The last few days have been rainy here but Tuesday & forward looks like nice weather. I'm going on a bus trip to view the leaves at Algonquin Park, hope they're still on the trees & have changed colour!

Have a nice day!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi, I am Vicky. My cruise is not until November 2019, but I need to lose at least 60 pounds by then according to my doctor. I gained all of the weight in the past 2 years. Chemo, steroids, an accident that put me in a wheelchair for a year, and being hypothyroid all combined caused the huge gain. I am a senior citizen, so I know that will make it especially difficult, but seeing all the support you all have for each other, I am hoping to at least partially reach my goal. I am looking so forward to getting to know all of you!

Hi, I am Vicky. My cruise is not until November 2019, but I need to lose at least 60 pounds by then according to my doctor. I gained all of the weight in the past 2 years. Chemo, steroids, an accident that put me in a wheelchair for a year, and being hypothyroid all combined caused the huge gain. I am a senior citizen, so I know that will make it especially difficult, but seeing all the support you all have for each other, I am hoping to at least partially reach my goal. I am looking so forward to getting to know all of you!
Vicky, I hope we can help you reach your goal. Committing to getting started is one of the toughest steps, and you've made that one!

Vicky Welcome. Sorry you've had so many problems.

Glad you have joined us. You have a year to lose and hope you make your 60.

Just remember what ever you lose by that date will be less than your weighing right now.

Jo I hope you enjoyed your turkey. That dessert you didn't make sounds so good.

Your right don't need the cals. Hope your feeling fine after surgery. Doesn't everything seem

brighter?

Welcome, Vicky! You've been through a lot but you also have a good attitude about taking it off - it didn't come on overnight (even if it was fairly quickly), so just go slow and steady to take it off and keep it off.

Did the surgery go well? Hope you are recovering quickly and taking the rest and help you need:)

It is fall here and some of the leaves are changing, but it is still very warm. Saturday's run was great - 41:47 was my time on a course with rolling hills I had never run before. I met my goals of under 14 minute miles and under 42 minutes for the 5K so I'm pleased:cool: We have one more race in two weeks - it will be our first night race - and the course looks fairly flat. Maybe I can shave another 18 seconds and be under 41:30;)

We had a fun night Saturday at a local reptile zoo. They host a fundraiser called Croctoberfest with admission to the zoo, beer tastings, live music, and some German food. The pours were generous (around 4 oz) so hopefully I still manage to break even on the scale with the exercise.