8-23-18 Thursday Weigh-In Posting Early But You Weigh On Thursday!

Belle

Posting early because going away

Going to have fun for a few days:cool::evilsmile:

Weighing now.. staying the same

Still keeps me in the game;)

So wishing the best to you all on Thursday

Hope the scale goes your way:)

Same for me this morning cruises42, a big 0. Disappointing I know, but we can get moving again. Just a few months for you, I hope you can gain some ground in that time. Even half your goal would be great! We're not cruising now til the end of December so I have an extra month to prepare over previous years. I'd like to think I could reach my final goal by that time, but I'm not even consistently back to June cruise weight yet!

Have a great Thursday everyone. :)

Congrats Jan!

I'm a 0 like the rest (at least not a gain). With the cruise less than a month away I won't lose as much as I wanted, but feeling good about fitness level.

Internet is wonky for us right now, so might not be on much until next week. Have a great weekend all!

Jan...Congrats on the loss. Everyone else....hang in there!

I am a “decimal” again but at least it is on the “down” side. Down 0.6 this week. That is a total of 58.4 since Oct 31. It is a slow road but I am trying as best as I can to stay on track. I would like to lose another 17 before the next cruise....2 months from now. I think that is “doable” but probably not realistic. So, realistically I am trying hard for 10 more off by Oct 24.

Have a safe, fun, healthy eating week everyone!

Hello,

My losing streak has ended, I gained 1 lb. Still trying to lose a few more, cruise time in 3 weeks. On a good note I wore a pair of capris yesterday that I hadn't worn in a few months and happy to report they are loose.

Mike, cruises42 and pacruise, ok staying the same.

Jan, great loss. Skiiergirl, great overall loss. Fantastic total.

Hope Belle has a good time away for a few days.

Have a good day.

Diana

I am a “decimal” again but at least it is on the “down” side. Down 0.6 this week. That is a total of 58.4 since Oct 31. It is a slow road but I am trying as best as I can to stay on track. I would like to lose another 17 before the next cruise....2 months from now. I think that is “doable” but probably not realistic. So, realistically I am trying hard for 10 more off by Oct 24.

Skiiergirl - That is amazing loss in less than a year ... impressive - I would like to lose 30# by next April - but need more motivation!! Jan

Same for me this morning cruises42, a big 0. Disappointing I know, but we can get moving again. Just a few months for you, I hope you can gain some ground in that time. Even half your goal would be great! We're not cruising now til the end of December so I have an extra month to prepare over previous years. I'd like to think I could reach my final goal by that time, but I'm not even consistently back to June cruise weight yet!

Have a great Thursday everyone. :)

It's not just losing the weight. I have "cruise" clothes and if I don't lose it I won't have anything to wear!:eek:

skiiergirl - that is a fantastic loss. All that in a year is quite an accomplishment. Congrats!

cruises42 - yes, clothes are a pretty great motivator! I hope you can get there.

You've all got cruises coming up!! I'm jealous. We used to go in Sept/Oct as well before school was a factor since its so reasonable. I'm not complaining though, I'd rather have my son with us like it is right now. More expensive, but quite worth it. :)

[

Hello,

My losing streak has ended, I gained 1 lb. Still trying to lose a few more, cruise time in 3 weeks. On a good note I wore a pair of capris yesterday that I hadn't worn in a few months and happy to report they are loose.

Mike, cruises42 and pacruise, ok staying the same.

Jan, great loss. Skiiergirl, great overall loss. Fantastic total.

Hope Belle has a good time away for a few days.

Have a good day.

Diana

Skiiergirl - That is amazing loss in less than a year ... impressive - I would like to lose 30# by next April - but need more motivation!! Jan

quote=mdaviswv;56864147]skiiergirl - that is a fantastic loss. All that in a year is quite an accomplishment. Congrats!

cruises42 - yes, clothes are a pretty great motivator! I hope you can get there.

You've all got cruises coming up!! I'm jealous. We used to go in Sept/Oct as well before school was a factor since its so reasonable. I'm not complaining though, I'd rather have my son with us like it is right now. More expensive, but quite worth it. :)

Thanks to all for the kind and encouraging words!

Amazing loss! Just like the pennies saved turn into dollars, the ounces lost turn into pounds:) 10# in 2 months sounds like a great, healthy, sustainable goal:cool:

Diana - great job on loose clothes. I think how things fit and how you feel is a better indicator of health than the scale anyway;) My daughter recently started getting serious about her health and weight loss too and was frustrated with lack of movement on the scale but clothes are noticeably fitting better:D

We tried not to push too hard with a teen and risk any body image issues/eating disorders - there is some family history - but I am thrilled that she is finally doing something and that it is her decision.

Internet seems to be fixed, but we've still got to do a little clothes shopping before school starts next week plus we are doing one more shift at Little League World Series this weekend so I still won't be around. Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi all!

Add me to the nothing lost, nothing gained gang! Better than a gain is right!

Jan ~ great you had a loss this week.(y)

DIana ~ neat re looser clothing! Some of my pants are too tight but I never bought new clothes to match my new weight!:o

skiiergirl ~ wow, what a terrific loss, congrats!

Belle ~ hope you're having a fun time.

See you all next week!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello all, been a good week eating-wise: stayed on track with the protein/fat/no sugar and was at 218 Thursday morning. I know that's down a few, but the first week of a new effort is usually anomalous for me.

Fun at the Dr Thursday resulted in 10 stitches to close the wound, but this fine Saturday finds us in the mountains for a couple days of recovering. It's great - I just point and give orders and the missus does all the heavy lifting lol!

Not one cheat food within 20 miles, so staying on track will be easy peasy. Now it's grilling, reading, a little walking, and relaxing. Have a great weekend everyone!

4b67e380c33e8c13200310b07a3c89d1.jpgcf556087b4ee7b1566965b25ff39bb51.jpg45613b5d95382bb14a62557d0214cbee.jpg

Oh, Shootr, pretty setting. I love the outdoors and trees, trees, trees. Your dog looks happy. Congrats on the loss.

Jo, no gain ok.

Gorgi, small gain better than more.

Cruises 42. I understand your frustration on clothes. My husband is my biggest weight loss problem. Every couple of hours he is snacking and not in a good way. He loves chips. I just have to say NO.

I think something helping me lately besides "NO", is I am adding bits of exercise like even a 5 minute power walk or even walking around the house when I'm on the phone (strange maybe but at least I'm burning a few extras calories).

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

Diana

Hello everyone. Had a few days of fun and the scale still says//stayed the same.

Sounds like we had a good week of weigh-ins. I know wish there were more loss's.

We always do.

shootr what happen that you needed stitches? Doing ok now? Your camp set up is very nice.

Diana doing good on exercise. Clothes fitting loose always good

Jo that's right always take a no gainer

Gorgie that little gain will be off soon.

pacruise glad your daughter is doing with you. I know can't push.

ski your doing great it your weight loss.

Jan congrats on the weight loss.

Mike at least not a gain. How I think when a big 0

Cruise 42 I know why so hard to lose when we want for a cruise

I hope I didn't miss anyone if I did I'm sorry.

We should have "lots" of "loss's" with all the cruises we have coming up between

now and Dec. Six of us I think. Why is it so hard??? Should be easy. Right? NOT!

Hi all!

shootr ~ great pictures, it looks more like glamping than camping especially for your pup!;)

We used to camp long ago but just with a tent & touring canoe. It was fun except for the black flie & mosquito bites!!

See you Thursday, hopefully a little lighter!

~ Jo ~ :)

Had to get a cyst removed before it came back again with a vengeance. It was a bit bigger than they first realized so they had to unzip a couple inches to get it all. My wife was there (an RN) and between her and the Dr. and the assistant going "wow", "hmmmm", "oh man..." - I figured I was in for a treat :o. But the sucker has impacted the last two camp trips like clockwork, so enough was enough.

After a number of years in the teardrop, we were ready for a little comfort. I can't say enough how having a toidy for the middle of the night is quite the luxury!

Great time off - kept to 20-25 carbs/day max. Tried Michelob Ultra - it is a travesty that they can call that "beer"...I'll not stray from my beloved Guinness ever again :D. I'm curious to see what happens Thursday, I've been heavy on protein and fats (under 2500 calories on the days with steak and bacon - 1500 at home with salads and grilled chicken). Got lots of dog walking in and messing around with the campsite.

4f78f08e05463892799ebf7053015777.jpg