Inflatable bed or Regalo cot for 1 year old?

MermaidM0mma

Hi everyone. I am trying to maximize our space. We are 2 adults, an 11 year old and a 1 year old in a room. Has anyone taken an inflatable toddler bed or a regalo cot for their smaller child on Carnival before? Saw them on amazon and thought it would be easier to take one than use their pack n play.

I'd put the 11yo in the top bunk and the baby on the bottom sofa bed. You can buy inflatable pool noodles from amazon and tuck them under the sheets to create a bed rail or if you want to go fancy...Shrunks makes a travel inflatable bedrail! Works great and saves a ton of space!

We have a Regalo tot cot, and bought it when our son had outgrown the pack and play— so about two years old, maybe? Anyway, it sits off the ground about 6-8 inches and isn’t super wide. I’m not sure you’d be comfortable putting your one year old to sleep in it... it’s literally like a raised camp bed. Benefit— you can use regular crib bedding for it. Downside— the sleeping bag cover it comes with doesn’t hold up well. Buy it and try it out first— I totally recommend them for travel (super light weight and packable, lol!!) but not sure if a one year old would be comfortable sleeping on it...

What does the 1 year old sleep in at home? If he's still in a crib at home, I would use the pack n play. If you are worried about cabin space you can collapse it each morning. Trying to get one of my kids to sleep on vacation is hard enough. If I changed his sleep environment that dramatically it would be awful. If you really want one of the two I would go with the inflatable toddler bed. Seems to contain the child better with the higher sides