Where should we go

gardeningnrs

I am planning a spring trip for my 2 DGD ages 7 and 14 during the April vacation They both have flown on planes and do well NH is later than most places for vacations and its pretty muddy at the end of April. I was thinking of maybe a 4 day cruise and a couple of days in port. any ideas ?

Well, the first thing you need to do is research the ports that have 4 day cruises. And the ships that do 4 day cruises. When you say a couple of days in port, I assume you mean the port you leave from and return to? That might be a decider - what port has stuff you could do for 2 days. EM

Okay, I have done some research for you. I went to http://www.cruisetimetables.com and went down through the US departures ports. The only port you might consider driving to would be NYC, which has a 4 day to Bermuda on NCL Getaway. But it might not fit your date requirement. So you are going to have to fly to your departure port, which is going to take one of your days. As cb said, your short cruises go to the Bahamas and a private island. the latter is a beach day, the Bahamas often are, too. And the water there at that time is not warm enough for comfortable swimming - unless you are accustomed to swimming in winter in NH... Go to the website I linked above, go down through the departure ports, and see what fits your schedule. EM

Thank you for the replies. Yes I was talking about doing a couple of days in the departure port. I can do a longer cruise I originally was going to do 6 days at WDW but with airfare meals and what nots we figured staying at our usual mod resort was going to cost about 9000. and my younger dgd has never been on a cruise. This is early planning for me I usually do about 3 months or less for vacations

Okay, I have done some research for you. I went to www.cruisetimetables.com and went down through the US departures ports. The only port you might consider driving to would be NYC, which has a 4 day to Bermuda on NCL Getaway. But it might not fit your date requirement. So you are going to have to fly to your departure port, which is going to take one of your days. As cb said, your short cruises go to the Bahamas and a private island. the latter is a beach day, the Bahamas often are, too. And the water there at that time is not warm enough for comfortable swimming - unless you are accustomed to swimming in winter in NH... Go to the website I linked above, go down through the departure ports, and see what fits your schedule. EM

The water temperature in the Bahamas in April is probably higher than the water temperature in NH in August. The shorter cruises tend to be booze cruises, I’d go for longer.

So much easier to do a seven day cruise - unpack once and relax for the week. And if you leave from Fl, it will be warm the entire time.

You could make a long drive and take the Pride from Baltimore if you didn’t want to fly - but again, you are only going to make the Bahamas and Grand Turk.

With that age, I strongly suggest a western route - you can throw in some education with Mayan history in Belize or Mexico and Roatan in fantastic for animal encounters for kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums