SCARLET LADY - New Renderings and a Concern

eroller

Virgin released another CGI video of the upper decks today. Again no sign of another pool, but they have responded on their FB page not to worry, they would never leave us "pool deprived" and to stay tuned. So good news on that front. Perhaps they have covered up so to speak where the pools will be on the current CGI videos?

This is a cool video of their offices in Plantation. Definitely unlike any cruise line offices I've been to. More like an Apple or Google headquarters in Silicon Valley.

I’m with you 100%. Right now I’m far more excited about what I see with CELEBRITY EDGE. I’m booked on her in Feb. Talk about a forward thinking ship loaded with innovation and style. Just WOW.

There is still lots to be revealed with SCARLET LADY so I’m hoping for the best and still excited about an adult only ship. What I have seen so far though has left me meh. I would like to think that there is some kind of solarium indoor/outdoor pool to be revealed, but I don’t know where? The overhead CGI video has pretty much shown the entire top deck. Lots of seating areas but very sparse on water features. Maybe the center section where the well-being pool is, is large enough for a full size pool as well? Fingers crossed.

Eroller- you were on Seaside just before us I think last February. We are going to be on Edge Feb 10 next year. Hope to see you there. I agree with your Virgin observations. Can't imagine that a purely wellness focused ship is what the 40+ set is looking for. Nothing new that I would want, and lots missing that I definitely want. Will wait and see.

Eroller- you were on Seaside just before us I think last February. We are going to be on Edge Feb 10 next year. Hope to see you there. I agree with your Virgin observations. Can't imagine that a purely wellness focused ship is what the 40+ set is looking for. Nothing new that I would want, and lots missing that I definitely want. Will wait and see.

We will be reversed this time. I’ll be in two cruises after you. Can’t wait. EDGE looks amazing and it’s not even all revealed yet.

I think SCARLET LADY will be amazing too. Still so much to be revealed. It was reassuring that VV personally replied to my comment about the lack of pools on FB. They assured me not to worry.

Isn't this also an aft pool?

What looks like water is what they call a catamaran-inspired net to lay on - but no water. The only pool they have revealed so far is the wellness pool - part of their spa area. It's an appropriate size for the spa. Certainly must be a bigger pool reveal to come.

What looks like water is what they call a catamaran-inspired net to lay on - but no water. The only pool they have revealed so far is the wellness pool - part of their spa area. It's an appropriate size for the spa. Certainly must be a bigger pool reveal to come.

If you study some of the videos that's exactly what it is. Kind of strange thing to have umpteen decks up over another area.

630x355.jpg

I also spotted what appears to be 5 copper buckets hanging at the back of the Yoga area. Chinese water torture maybe???

20180728_134232.jpg.fedaba869ca99b9141e8945bebf135b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Forums mobile app

While yes people do swim, most use on most cruise lines seems to be by children, with few adults spending much time in the pool. Since this line will be adults only not sure home much use the pool will actually get, other than the quick jump in cool off back to recliner kind of use. Hot tubs seem to get far more use, than the pool itself.

Actually, the adults-only Solarium pools, on both RC and X, get a lot of use. I've also recently been on a Jazz Charter cruise (adults only) -- where all of the pools were busy. The only time I've ever seen under-utilized pools on a cruise ship was cold-weather itineraries.

Actually, the adults-only Solarium pools, on both RC and X, get a lot of use. I've also recently been on a Jazz Charter cruise (adults only) -- where all of the pools were busy. The only time I've ever seen under-utilized pools on a cruise ship was cold-weather itineraries.

This is my experience as well. Plenty of adults use the pools, myself included. It will be nice not having them overrun with children ... but they certainly need to be larger than that Spa pool Virgin is touting.

• 3 weeks later...
While yes people do swim, most use on most cruise lines seems to be by children, with few adults spending much time in the pool. Since this line will be adults only not sure home much use the pool will actually get, other than the quick jump in cool off back to recliner kind of use. Hot tubs seem to get far more use, than the pool itself.

The reason I do not swim is because of all the kids. Take them out of the picture, and I will want to enjoy the pools.

Also, those loungerss that face inward remind me of a giant couch- I think the look comfy. But the ship is definitely giving off a Millennial vibe right now.

If you study some of the videos that's exactly what it is. Kind of strange thing to have umpteen decks up over another area.

630x355.jpg

I also spotted what appears to be 5 copper buckets hanging at the back of the Yoga area. Chinese water torture maybe???

[ATTACH]425837[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Forums mobile app

To me that looks like an opening in the deck where you can see down to the decks below. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, but in pic posted by chicchic, it looks like you are looking through the deck, at the wake below.

• 2 months later...

I have to agree about the public spaces...and the whole ship for that matter. There is NOTHING there that is unique, let alone practical.  An entire back deck of loungers with pads that will be sticky and yucky in the hot Caribbean sun with no swimming pool.  VERY weird.  The whole ship seems like it is one big bar for the youngins who like to pump iron in the hot Caribbean sun as well, lol!  Definitely not for me.  I can't figure out why anyone would be excited about this ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midwestgal said:

Why would you say that? I don’t hope they fail !  If it doesn’t work like they think they will tweak it and make improvements for the next ship. 

I wish them nothing but smooth sailings. 

They would have to tweak it a lot!  I can’t see this line making it in America. Possibly in Europe but not here. Way too ultra modern and uncomfortable. Looks like a trendy $600 night sobe hotel room. It’s downright depressing. 

And its gonna be way more than Carnival, NCL, princess and royal. 

Its Celebrity prices geared toward the 18-45 demographic. It simply won’t work. You have to be 2 out of 3 on the list below and that’s it. 

30-45

wealthy 

LGBT

not for families 

not for 18 under

not for 45+

not for money conscious 

not for college kids 

3 hours ago, amscene1 said:

Its Celebrity prices geared toward the 18-45 demographic. It simply won’t work. You have to be 2 out of 3 on the list below and that’s it. 

30-45

wealthy 

LGBT

not for families 

not for 18 under

not for 45+

not for money conscious 

not for college kids 

I still make the first one, barely.   I wonder if there will be many singles on these ships.  I'm a single mom with a well behaved 18 year old son. He's getting old for Disney and wants to try something new.

3 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

I still make the first one, barely.   I wonder if there will be many singles on these ships.  I'm a single mom with a well behaved 18 year old son. He's getting old for Disney and wants to try something new.

At least you would have your freedom to get away from it all being your son is 18. He can guard the house while you mingle with single men onboard the cruise! Or if you take him with you, a cruise like this might be good for him to meet up with someone his age too. Who knows, maybe we'll end up on the same cruise one day and make new friends.

18 hours ago, Seth Jessop said:

At least you would have your freedom to get away from it all being your son is 18. He can guard the house while you mingle with single men onboard the cruise! Or if you take him with you, a cruise like this might be good for him to meet up with someone his age too. Who knows, maybe we'll end up on the same cruise one day and make new friends.

Ok.. Well I am looking for a guy who is comfortable going out on the town as well as different travel (like I'm Disney Mom hello?), someone who enjoys life - young or young at heart, but is still responsible!

Seth, I know you are probably joking flirty, but you look a little too "Conservative Utah" for VV.  I want to be near men who aren't offended by a drag brunch when it's just the adults in the house, but straight enough to still want to take me home when the party's done and over.

2 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Ok.. Well I am looking for a guy who is comfortable going out on the town as well as different travel (like I'm Disney Mom hello?), someone who enjoys life - young or young at heart, but is still responsible!

Seth, I know you are probably joking flirty, but you look a little too "Conservative Utah" for VV.  I want to be near men who aren't offended by a drag brunch when it's just the adults in the house, but straight enough to still want to take me home when the party's done and over.

Well this escalated quick! hahaha.....I may be conservative in many ways, but likely also more adventurous than most in some other ways. If you're judging me only by my photo here, I'm a business man and normally have to wear a suit and tie to work. I do unwind and relax after work is over however. But hey, now that we're auditioning as if this is a dating site, you should put up a photo here too :classic_biggrin:

I'm not a huge fan of the interior designs I'm seeing of the VV ships, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't cruise with them. 

23 hours ago, Seth Jessop said:

Well this escalated quick! hahaha.....I may be conservative in many ways, but likely also more adventurous than most in some other ways. If you're judging me only by my photo here, I'm a business man and normally have to wear a suit and tie to work. I do unwind and relax after work is over however. But hey, now that we're auditioning as if this is a dating site, you should put up a photo here too :classic_biggrin:

I'm not a huge fan of the interior designs I'm seeing of the VV ships, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't cruise with them. 

Ummm... No.  I don't date strangers on the internet.  Local or maybe people near Orlando.  That area of FL is the bomb!

Eagle Mountain Utah hu?  Doesn't take much of a google search to find out, you probably already have your hands full.  :classic_huh:

On 11/15/2018 at 5:49 PM, B-Rizzle said:

Ummm... No.  I don't date strangers on the internet.  Local or maybe people near Orlando.  That area of FL is the bomb!

Eagle Mountain Utah hu?  Doesn't take much of a google search to find out, you probably already have your hands full.  :classic_huh:

I wasn't asking for a date, I haven't even seen you yet!  You do seem like a fun person however. The area I live is actually quite nice, and a prestigious neighborhood. I think most people have their hands full these days, I probably do work a little too much however to afford everything. Orlando is a fun place to be and I have a good contact at Disney World there to get comped for the entire park free when I go. It's been 2 years since I last went but I'm due for another trip out that way soon. 

Edited by Seth Jessop