Route of the Vikings Live on Board

galeforce9

In anticipation of the Quest Route of the Vikings cruise, commencing 16 July 2018, here is a “Live on Board” thread. I hope it will be of use to future cruisers, as this route is repeated in 2019. I also hope that it is of interest to others, as this cruise follows a less trodden path.

Everyone please feel free to contribute. I know Chairsin has kindly offered to pick up the reigns when I disembark half way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on this cruise in 2016 - it was beyond amazing. You will have a wonderful time, enjoy!

I’m very interested in general observations on Quest as we’ll be sailing on her for 60 nights later this year.

Cheers,

Floris

Wow! Just noticed this thread had already dropped down to Page 2! I thought it had been deleted when I didn't spot it within the first half of Page 1!

Depending on where people are travelling from to join this cruise, I will probably be amongst the first to actually leave home and head to Dover. Just looked at the clock, and it has just ticked over to Monday, we leave home on Friday, so not too much longer for me. (I am not usually awake past midnight, but been watching the rescue in Thailand, hopefully it will all be over tomorrow!)

We are almost packed....just some last minute stuff to add....the rest of this week is going to go very slowly! Really looking forward to this itinerary, and we are pretty sure we will want to do this one again, plus the Second half of the Route of the Vikings....will be very interested in reading about that.

This will be quite a short trip for us, but after this one, we then have a long cruise on Odyssey, followed by another long cruise on Sojourn, so for the rest of the year we will be packing, unpacking, washing, and repacking! We do enjoy Retirement!!

Have a great cruise galeforce and 2seabournsailors. If the temperatures in England are as warm as France I am sure you will enjoy the cooler climes. This coming from someone who usually enjoys warm weather.:cool:

Julie

Have a great cruise galeforce and 2seabournsailors. If the temperatures in England are as warm as France I am sure you will enjoy the cooler climes. This coming from someone who usually enjoys warm weather.:cool:

Julie

Hi Julie - thanks! Temperatures are still really warm here and forecast to continue all this week. We’ve had a heatwave for weeks now. Looks like the weather will begin to break down around the west coast for our first week which is a shame. The sea breeze would have kept us cool! Sail away day and the following in the English Channel should be nice though. When do you head for the coast?

Hi Julie - thanks! Temperatures are still really warm here and forecast to continue all this week. We’ve had a heatwave for weeks now. Looks like the weather will begin to break down around the west coast for our first week which is a shame. The sea breeze would have kept us cool! Sail away day and the following in the English Channel should be nice though. When do you head for the coast?

Weather is so hard to predict lately. They were threatening storms here on Thursday afternoon but none appeared.

We head to Barcelona via TGV on the 12th but don't board the ship to the 14th. We are having a wonderful time here and looking forward to a great time on Encore.

Julie

Not started yet Julie! We have (hopefully) two important football matches to go before sail away, so it’s delaying matters rather! Also in the middle of a keep fit regime to make those dresses fit better and at work until Friday night! Hope your train ride goes smoothly tomorrow. It sounds like you’re having a fantastic time already.

Good news for us today! We have been upgraded! Owners Suite! Haven't had an upgrade since our very first Seabourn cruise way back in 2006 on Seabourn Spirit!

Congratulations! Did you bid for the upgrade or was it complimentary? From a Penthouse Suite?

Cheers,

Floris

Well we finally made it to Dover yesterday, after a very very long flight. We are both feeling brain dead and exhausted, and its now about 3am....so jet lag is going to annoy me as usual. Will have tomorrow to try to recover from the travels, so hopefully will be in a bit better condition by Monday boarding time! We are staying at The Best Western Marina in Dover, and have a balcony, so yesterday were chatting to our neighbours, across the balcony. They are also joining Quest on Monday. They just arrived a few hours before us, so werent feeling very lively either! The drive from Heathrow to Dover yesterday took almost 3 hours! The traffic was horrendous. We were either crawling along, or doing 160kmh! I certainly wouldnt want to be flying in, doing that drive, then boarding all on the same day!

Hope all of you number 1 Vikings have a great cruise. Please don’t drink all of the champagne before you get off and we embark in Reykjavik. Then again maybe you should drink up all of the NF and then SB will be forced to stock up with Bollinger or some other more tasty bubbles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums