Seabourn Christmas & NY

Mickeysbabe

Has anyone been on Seabourn for Christmas? I am on the Sojourn this year and am hoping that it won’t b the disaster that it was on Viking Sun last year NY finished at 00.10 even the Nightclub!!

I will be on that one too, but have never done a Holiday cruise on Seabourn, so have no idea what to expect.....actually I will probably be in bed by 00.10....

I'm usually on a Seabourn ship at Christmas/New Year and the celebrations have never ended at 00.10. It depends on varying factors but it usually finishes between 1am and 1.30am.

This isn't my video, it was shot by another CC member, but this is Sojourn last Christmas. We were in the Caribbean. At 7.09 in the video there's some brief footage of the NYE deck party. Depending on the weather the party may be held in the Grand Salon or on deck. I can't tell you what time the celebrations ended on this cruise - can't remember! :o

I will be on that one too, but have never done a Holiday cruise on Seabourn, so have no idea what to expect.....actually I will probably be in bed by 00.10....

We will also be on-board. We like the idea that we don't have to cook Christmas dinner or eat the left-overs and that we don't have to worry about driving home from a New Year's party.

We have done Thanksgiving before but never Christmas and New Year. So should be a lot of fun!

We’ll find out together then, or I’ll tell you about it on NY day!

NY day we are in Broome, Western Australia.

Tours include a Camel Safari, a Hovercraft ride and a "Horizontal Falls Explorer".

So I am sure that everyone will want to be up bright and early for one of those. :evilsmile:

Alternatively ..... just push on through and skip sleep. :D

We are also on this cruise and looking forward to meeting everyone on board. There hasn’t been much activity on our cruise site yet. What is everyone doing for excursions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We haven't started looking at them in any detail yet. We usually book the 'must do' excursions a few months ahead and then use our OBC for any others we decide to do when we are on the ship.

Tours include a Camel Safari, a Hovercraft ride and a "Horizontal Falls Explorer".

So I am sure that everyone will want to be up bright and early for one of those. :evilsmile:

Just have a nice relaxing day and go buy lots of pearls! It will be boiling hot in Broome!

We are also on this cruise and looking forward to meeting everyone on board. There hasn’t been much activity on our cruise site yet. What is everyone doing for excursions?

some of the stops still haven't got excursions posted. We wont be doing too many as have been to most of the places by land, some we have also already done by sea, so imagine the Sky Bar out of the sun will be our main excursion!

Don't miss the horizontal falls! A brilliant adventure. Probably even more exciting with an hangover!!!!!

We've done two Christmas/New Years trips, Quest(Antarctica) and Sojourn (Dubai to Sing). While the party did go until after mid-night it didn't go much past that. I'd say 00:10 was about when the party ended as far as I can remember. Set your party expectations low and you'll have a great time. We did.

In our experience, the party is what you make it and who you meet onboard. We’ve had some really fun times (not on NYE cruises) with a lovely group of like minded people where we have whopped it up and danced the night away in the Club, well into the early morning hours. We’ve even convinced the entertainment to keep playing past their normal end time. So go, meet some new people and enjoy...and there is never a better time than NYE to do it!

We were on for NYE this past year on Odyssey. We didn’t quite make it to midnight but heard there was quite the party.

We enjoyed a lovely chef’s menu that evening in the MDR (also a formal night) and thought the evening was lovely.

We were in St Kitts/Nevis on 12/31 and had Caviar in the Surf at Carambola Beach that day. We were a bit surprised that we pulled out of port and slowly set sail right at 5 pm. The prior year we were in St Kitts on Azamara on 12/31 and stayed in the port until after midnight to watch the fireworks display. We were a bit surprised that Seabourn didn’t at least pull away but stay in the vicinity since the NYE was a deck party. Seabourn was definitely quieter than other lines on NYE, but since we didn’t help keep the party going I don’t get to point fingers!

We were on for NYE this past year on Odyssey. We didn’t quite make it to midnight but heard there was quite the party.

We enjoyed a lovely chef’s menu that evening in the MDR (also a formal night) and thought the evening was lovely.

We were in St Kitts/Nevis on 12/31 and had Caviar in the Surf at Carambola Beach that day. We were a bit surprised that we pulled out of port and slowly set sail right at 5 pm. The prior year we were in St Kitts on Azamara on 12/31 and stayed in the port until after midnight to watch the fireworks display. We were a bit surprised that Seabourn didn’t at least pull away but stay in the vicinity since the NYE was a deck party. Seabourn was definitely quieter than other lines on NYE, but since we didn’t help keep the party going I don’t get to point fingers!

Jennifer ... I think you need to join us on Sojourn this holiday season. :halo:

The Horizontal Falls excursion is $800US per person! so over $1000 each for us! Think I'll give that a miss....

The most expensive (per day) cruise we have ever done was around the Kimberley coast, I would take the tour :)

The half day seaplane fly-in it costs AUS$850 according to here:-http://horizontalfallsadventures.com.au/tour/broome-half-day-tour/

Excellent reviews:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g255102-d1524072-Reviews-Horizontal_Falls_Seaplane_Adventures-Broome_Kimberley_Region_Western_Australia.html

Sojoun isnt due to leave until 11pm

We will also be on-board. We like the idea that we don't have to cook Christmas dinner or eat the left-overs and that we don't have to worry about driving home from a New Year's party.

We have done Thanksgiving before but never Christmas and New Year. So should be a lot of fun!

We were on the Encore last Xmas and New Years Eve along with Handre and Beth. Seabourn put up a lot of different coloured lights around the pool. Seabourn also gave us Top hats etc Pretty good night.

We looked at doing your cruise but decided the Bali to Sydney on the Encore again suited us this year getting back to NZ just before Xmas

Roxburgh we will be looking for that voucher from you for the Retreat again as that would be the only way we would spend the day there :)

Jennifer ... I think you need to join us on Sojourn this holiday season. :halo:

I just hope the Sojourn is still sailing this holiday season. We are due to board in Singapore in January for 48 nights but I can't get enthusiastic about booking excursions, as I keep expecting to hear it has been taken out of service for deck repairs. We were aboard during the most recent attempt to rectify the patio deck. After the repairs were halted the deck was immediately deteriorating again. So everybody keep your fingers crossed.

I just hope the Sojourn is still sailing this holiday season. We are due to board in Singapore in January for 48 nights but I can't get enthusiastic about booking excursions, as I keep expecting to hear it has been taken out of service for deck repairs. We were aboard during the most recent attempt to rectify the patio deck. After the repairs were halted the deck was immediately deteriorating again. So everybody keep your fingers crossed.

Has anyone tried to contact Seabourn on this matter?

We were in St Kitts/Nevis on 12/31 and had Caviar in the Surf at Carambola Beach that day. We were a bit surprised that we pulled out of port and slowly set sail right at 5 pm.

!

Can you remind me, was this the day when Sojourn and Odyssey passed one another?

I used an actual camera to take the photos for that and the timestamp was completely out, as was the date. I'm trying to annotate with correct dates now but seem to have lost a couple of days. I believe we were in Nevis on the 31st so it would make sense to be the same day you had your beach day but I'm not sure.

For those asking about NYE celebrations, if the official party either on deck or in the theatre finishes not long after midnight, I've often found that lots of guests are happy to continue the festivities in the Club or Obs lounge.