Transportation from Seattle airport to downtown Seattle hotel.

Need some recommendations about transportation from the airport to the Sheraton downtown. Will be there overnight before boarding Celebrity Solstice to Alaska. Considering one of the companies which offer flat rates. Think it might be better than a taxi, particularly if we hit heavy traffic. Has anyone here had a recent experience with any of these companies? Some require a credit card to make a reservation. Any advice will be much appreciated.

It's been a while, but we almost always use EastSideForHire/FlatRateForHire for any longer trips in Seattle - no need to give credit card in advance, fixed rates, and a bit less evil than Uber;-)

IIRC you can also get fixed rate car service from the airport provider, STILA, on a walkup basis. Bigger comfier cars, $40 instead of $29 if I'm remembering pricing correctly to downtown. Hopefully a local or recent user of the services can confirm the pricing for you.

It's been a while, but we almost always use EastSideForHire/FlatRateForHire for any longer trips in Seattle - no need to give credit card in advance, fixed rates, and a bit less evil than Uber;-)

IIRC you can also get fixed rate car service from the airport provider, STILA, on a walkup basis. Bigger comfier cars, $40 instead of $29 if I'm remembering pricing correctly to downtown. Hopefully a local or recent user of the services can confirm the pricing for you.

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I checked STILA which seems reasonable. Also, Quality Town Car. Flat rate $50 if paying cash, and has good reviews.

We took the Link (light rail) from the airport to Westlake Station. It was a whopping $3.00 each to ride. We had our luggage near us. I kept an eye on it, but no one seemed to care. We called the Pan-Pacific hotel and they met us at Westlake Station with a shuttle. I am sure the Sheraton will do the same.

• 1 month later...

We can tell you the light rail system in Seattle is fantastic from our experience. Easy access from airport great signage and it was like $3 dollars pp into downtown. We are taking it in a few weeks again as we stay a few nights prior to our Explorer four night cruise.....the train has a stop about two/three blocks from our hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Although I'd prefer to take the light rail into downtown, we'll be a group of ten, including my elderly parents, and I don't think they'd be able to handle it very well.  Wondering if I should arrange a van to get to the Sheraton or just hire a couple of larger rideshare vehicles when we arrive at SEA.

Would appreciate any recommendations on these options or a good transportation company to engage.