Valuetrip booking question...Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale

bankonus

What are folks seeing these days re the time delay between making a VT booking for the Hyatt Place and actually receiving their confirmation? It seems long delays are the norm, but I booked on July 2 for a November stay and still have not received our confirmation, 16 days later. I can always call the hotel direct, but I'd still prefer to have the ValueTrips "official" Email confirmation.

Thanks in advance...

Yes, there is sometimes (seems to be happening more then we first started booking with Valuetrips a few years ago) a fairly long delay in receiving the value trips email confirmation. I would call the hotel front desk and confirm that they have your ressie. You will get the Valuetrips email confirmation eventually. :)

Has anyone booked with Valuetrips for a 2019 date? They don't show rates on their website in '19 as of yet.

The bookings for 2019 ValueTrips will usually be available/posted on their website next month (September). Start checking then.

Update: I called the Hyatt front desk this morning to confirm my reservation which they did have on file. I asked them to email me a copy of the confirmation so I could have it on hand. Looks like we're all set but I never did receive a confirmation via Valuetrips.

For those that have stayed at the Hyatt - do they really charge $30 for a check-in prior to 3pm? That's what it says on my confirmation? Our flight arrives around 12:30pm so I think we'd be at the hotel around 1:30pm. I guess we could always have lunch some nearby before checking in.

Just ask them to hold your bags and then head out for lunch. Plenty of places to eat close by. If you walk out the east side of the hotel and walk south 1/2 a block, then go thru the L.A. fitness parking garage you will be in the Harbor Shops. There is Gilbert's, Duffy's, Five Guy's, and a few others. It is a 5 min walk at best. More places to neat up and down 17th street. Leave your cell number with the front desk and tell them you do NOT want to pay extra for early room and they will call you when a room is ready. You can also catch the Sun Trolly in front of Publix for a $1 per person per ride, or $3 all day. It will take you up and down A1A to many places.

• 2 weeks later...
Update: I called the Hyatt front desk this morning to confirm my reservation which they did have on file. I asked them to email me a copy of the confirmation so I could have it on hand. Looks like we're all set but I never did receive a confirmation via Valuetrips.

For those that have stayed at the Hyatt - do they really charge $30 for a check-in prior to 3pm? That's what it says on my confirmation? Our flight arrives around 12:30pm so I think we'd be at the hotel around 1:30pm. I guess we could always have lunch some nearby before checking in.

We had a similar experience to you in that we received confirmation from the hotel before VT got back to us. We eventually heard back from VT about a month after submitting our initial request. All worked out. We stayed at the Hyatt on August 12th and we were happy with the pre-cruise accommodations.

Our flight got into FLL at 1pm on the 12th. We were at the hotel before 2pm and they checked us in right away. No additional charges [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a similar experience to you in that we received confirmation from the hotel before VT got back to us. We eventually heard back from VT about a month after submitting our initial request. All worked out. We stayed at the Hyatt on August 12th and we were happy with the pre-cruise accommodations.

Our flight got into FLL at 1pm on the 12th. We were at the hotel before 2pm and they checked us in right away. No additional charges [emoji4]

So glad you enjoyed the Hyatt Place.....and yes they will usually check you in when you arrive if room is ready...so this varies...just a matter timing.

It's to everyone's benefit to do this ..... rather than to hold a lot of luggage and have everyone trying to check in at the appointed time.

• 2 weeks later...

When I used Value Trips for the first time I was extremely skeptical. The large savings on the hotel room seemed like a scam for sure. I trusted my Cruise Critic friends and decided to just go for it!

The savings are very real and this is not a scam. Not sure how Value Trips is able to offer this rate but they do. I’ve stayed at the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale two times in the past and reserved through VTrips. Now I’m anxiously awaiting 2019 rates!

Go for it!

Valuetrips seems to be mentioned here often. I assume it's reliable?

Also, for Dec, it's showing $153. I'm assuming tax, etc is added ontop of this?

We're trying them for the first time this November. By all acounts here on CC they seem to be the real deal. And yes, the $153 (our rate also) is BEFORE taxes and the other charges you would normally see at the HP. Still an amazing price for this hotel

• 3 weeks later...