Medical Follow up Post Travel

rbslos18

We took out a travel insurance policy for an overseas trip. My wife suddenly took ill overseas and had some tests done in an ER. The test results were not conclusive and additional diagnostic tests are needed.

Will the supplemental travel policy cover additional diagnostic tests needed at home?

Thanks so much.

RB

I once had Global Alert insurance that paid for some dental work as a result of an accident I had on a tour. Their limit was $750 for dental coverage, but they did pay for the emergency dental visit and covered most of a root canal I had when I returned home. This was several years ago, so you probably need to verify what they do now.

We took out a travel insurance policy for an overseas trip. My wife suddenly took ill overseas and had some tests done in an ER. The test results were not conclusive and additional diagnostic tests are needed.

Will the supplemental travel policy cover additional diagnostic tests needed at home?

Thanks so much.

RB

You really need to check the terms of the specific policy that *you* have. Asking an agent at the insurance company would be the best way to get an answer.

Hope your wife recovers well!

GC