Stateroom #440

BeachTunes

Greetings from Canada!

First of all, thanks to everyone on this forum for providing so many incredible photos and detailed information about Paul Gauguin. A Tahitian cruise is on our bucket list! I'm very close to convincing my husband to take the plunge on the December 8, 2018 sailing. If it were solely up to me, I'd be booked and starting a packing list already. :D We have sailed with Crystal (our fave) and Celebrity (great value and got my hubby his sea legs). I think we would adore cruising with PG!

My travel agent has sourced what I think is an excellent rate for the above mentioned sailing for a stateroom #440. It's the only ocean view room available at this point. It's the very last aft stateroom before a door and stairs to the marina, which would likely be very convenient. We are wondering if we should be concerned about this room's proximity to the door right outside in the hallway. We had an unfortunate experience on another line with a stateroom being located beside a busy common area door... Every time the door closed, it slammed so loudly that our room shook! We were able to change staterooms, fortunately.

Sorry if this is a petty question but this would be a very special journey so we want to ensure we do it right! Also, we realize that December falls during the humid, rainy season but we're willing to take the chance that Mother Nature will bless us with a few sunny hours per day. It's the only time we can travel for the rest of the year due to work schedules.

Thank you all again for your input! Hopefully, I'll be writing here soon with the happy news of acquiring a confirmation number. :)

Now BeachTunes has me feeling sorry for myself. It has been a whole 9 long months since I've been on the PG, and we don't have another cruise on her booked yet. And BeachTunes is going to be cruising on her in December. No fair! Wah wah wah! Of course, if her husband balks, perhaps we can work something out. Though Wendy will probably divorce me.

You will have way too much fun. Enjoy!

I'm thrilled to report that we are BOOKED! Yay! :bottle-pop::champagne-toast: Bonus - I now have a wonderful opportunity to brush up on my French! I will start with this: Nous sommes tres heureux! :D

Gratitude to everyone on this forum as I admit I've been reading posts here for a little while. I'm sure we will have many questions between now and December. I promise to reciprocate by sharing photos of our PG adventures when we return.

Thank you! Merci! Mauruuru! :ship:

• 3 weeks later...

Stateroom update...

Miracles DO happen! We found out on Friday that we have been upgraded to a Category C balcony stateroom on deck 7! We are over the moon! Our travel agent called us on Thursday night stating she received an email about a first come, first served upgrade. She phoned PG as soon as their offices opened on Friday and secured us a nice, midship, starboard side balcony stateroom. We feel very blessed. She told us the reason was that there were people who had booked in our former room category who had more friends wanting to join them. Thanks to them!

This couldn't have happened at a better time as it had been a very difficult week due to a loss in our family. I like to think a special angel had something to do with it! :halo: