Pre-cruise options

Greetings, planning has begun for a return trip to the islands and we are likely to have more pre-cruise days this time around. I wanted to hear your feedback on various pre-cruise options. Options are from most to least likely....

Moorea IC... seems to be the easiest and most cost effective. I definitely want to hear your experiences with this.

Bora Bora... don't know if anything here is manageable but it is my favorite island.

Tahaa.... curious about any experiences here. Le Taha'a also looks fantastic.

And for one complete oddball... anyone ever visit Maupiti? What did it cost and how did it work out for you?

IC Moorea is a wonderful resort with many amenities. Not the best snorkeling but they so run a shuttle to the motus daily.

Of the major resorts on the island of Moorea, Bora Bora or Tahaa the IC will be one of the most economical .... it's apples and oranges ... would be helpful to know your pre-cruise budget, this would give us a better idea of what to suggest.

On Bora Bora my favorite and not the most expensive is the Le Moana IC. More of a Polynesian vibe of all the major resorts. Easy access for other eat options, the grocery store and tourist stores for clothes and pearls. Easy access to the coral garden on the Sofitel motu and the Le Moana has kayaks for you to use to get over to the gardens. You can also take the boat shuttle to the Thalasso.

Maupiti is less expensive and a more intimate experience. As there are no 'resorts' the vibe is very much different. There a limited flights in and out of Maupiti.

Le Tahaa is priced in the same category as the major resorts in Bora Bora. Your off-resort options for eating are limited though there are a few places that have access from the boat shuttle drop off on the main island. Nice thing about this resort is the location to the drift snorkel area.