Cabin

cruiser630

This will be my first time on MSC Divina and we are in cabin 11264 & friends in cabin 12164. Are these cabins the same with relation to size, etc.?

THe short answer is No

11264 is a much sought after stern balcony cabin which is 192 sq ft (168 sq ft living area and 24sq ft bathroom) with a 95 sq ft balcony.

12164 is a SMALL balcony cabin 148 sq ft (124 sq ft living area , 24 q ft bathroom) with a 34 sq ft balcony

For comparison

The standard balcony cabin is 192 sq ft with a 48 sq ft balcony

Both come with the "Fanastica" experience

tHe balcony for 11264 will be like this

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

The bacony for 12164 will look like this

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12.jpg

You've hit the jackpot your friend got the booby prize

Pete

Edited by Skier52

This will be my first time on MSC Divina and we are in cabin 11264 & friends in cabin 12164. Are these cabins the same with relation to size, etc.?

Don't let your friend see your cabin and balcony because he will be very disappointed in his.

Mikesa1721

Here's part of an image I took of the aft of Divina in Venice'

You can can a rough idea of the relative sizes of a deck 12 and deck 11 aft balconies from this picture

divina%20aft.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Mikesa1721

Here's part of an image I took of the aft of Divina in Venice'

You can can a rough idea of the relative sizes of a deck 12 and deck 11 aft balconies from this picture

divina%20aft.jpg

Pete

That's still a relatively good size balcony compared to a standard port or starboard balcony stateroom. While we loved our YC3 stateroom onboard Divina,,the balcony was quite useless,,,I think we'll actually use our balcony more extensively this time.

Thanks for sharing my photo of the "deep" cabin balcony on the MSC Divina Skier52. They are lovely and offer plenty of space. Photo taken in March 2013 during a 11 night cruise to the Canary Islands.

I picked it up from a google search on Divina balconies, but unfortunately It didn't have any details of whom it could be attributed.

I like to put an acknowledgement if I can, so I apologise for not being able to give that courtesy on this occassion, but as the image is in the public domain I used it in order to assist a fellow cruiser by using it as an illustration in an answer.

Pete

I picked it up from a google search on Divina balconies, but unfortunately It didn't have any details of whom it could be attributed.

I like to put an acknowledgement if I can, so I apologise for not being able to give that courtesy on this occassion, but as the image is in the public domain I used it in order to assist a fellow cruiser by using it as an illustration in an answer.

Pete

No worries Pete :) Photos that I have posted here on the boards are published on many internet sites around. Keep up the good work assisting fellow cruisers :) I like taking cabin photos and balcony photos as I know they are of great interest out there. The actual photo was taken during a rainy day in Malaga in March 2013.

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73

THe short answer is No

11264 is a much sought after stern balcony cabin which is 192 sq ft (168 sq ft living area and 24sq ft bathroom) with a 95 sq ft balcony.

12164 is a SMALL balcony cabin 148 sq ft (124 sq ft living area , 24 q ft bathroom) with a 34 sq ft balcony

For comparison

The standard balcony cabin is 192 sq ft with a 48 sq ft balcony

Both come with the "Fanastica" experience

tHe balcony for 11264 will be like this

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg

The bacony for 12164 will look like this

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12.jpg

You've hit the jackpot your friend got the booby prize

Pete

Thanks Pete, have been trying to find pics of both cabins and have been unsuccessful

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is a few years old.

We just booked the MSC Divina for our honeymoon. We have been assigned cabin 12227. I see that it is significantly smaller than some of the others room that come with the "Fantastica" package. We still have time to change the room if we wish. Would you recommend doing so. The only cabins that are left are in the very rear or front of the ship. Would you recommend one over the other?? I found this thread helpful, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks!

I know this thread is a few years old.

We just booked the MSC Divina for our honeymoon. We have been assigned cabin 12227. I see that it is significantly smaller than some of the others room that come with the "Fantastica" package. We still have time to change the room if we wish. Would you recommend doing so. The only cabins that are left are in the very rear or front of the ship. Would you recommend one over the other?? I found this thread helpful, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks!

Your cabin 12227 is 148 sq. ft (124 living area; 24 bath) balcony 34 sq ft, and will not have a sofa

a standard balcony cabin is 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living; bath 24) balcony 42 sq ft.

The problem, as some see it, is the vey likely possibility of a metal balcony if you take a cabin at the very front or rear of the ship.

the exception being an aft facing cabin on every deck except 13 ,

all the aft facing cabins have standard balconies or bigger than standard , except deck 13 which have Juliet balconies ie very, very small.

You can see images of most balcony types from post #9 of the following thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2505973

I would take a metal balcony over a small cabin every time, so I would suggest trying to change.

pete

Several years ago I purchased a lifetime subscription to cruisestaterooms.com. I wouldn't book a suite or cabin without looking at photos first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you perhaps mean http://www.cruisedeckplans.com? The site you listed does not appear to offer anything like cruisedeckplans (which I have a lifetime membership and have contributed hundreds of pictures.).. EM

Your cabin 12227 is 148 sq. ft (124 living area; 24 bath) balcony 34 sq ft, and will not have a sofa

a standard balcony cabin is 192 sq. ft. ( 168 living; bath 24) balcony 42 sq ft.

The problem, as some see it, is the vey likely possibility of a metal balcony if you take a cabin at the very front or rear of the ship.

the exception being an aft facing cabin on every deck except 13 ,

all the aft facing cabins have standard balconies or bigger than standard , except deck 13 which have Juliet balconies ie very, very small.

You can see images of most balcony types from post #9 of the following thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2505973

I would take a metal balcony over a small cabin every time, so I would suggest trying to change.

pete

Hey Pete!

I am going to try and get it switched! What is the difference between a metal balcony and a standard balcony?

Thanks!

Hey Pete!

I am going to try and get it switched! What is the difference between a metal balcony and a standard balcony?

Thanks!

standard balcony

P1060955.jpg

metal balcony sometimes called an "in-hull" balcony as it is behind a cut out opening in the hull

in%20hull%20balcony.jpg

Pete

No worries Pete :) Photos that I have posted here on the boards are published on many internet sites around. Keep up the good work assisting fellow cruisers :) I like taking cabin photos and balcony photos as I know they are of great interest out there. The actual photo was taken during a rainy day in Malaga in March 2013.

Do you have any photos of Divina Cabin 9226? It looks like it has the deeper angle balcony?

Do you have any photos of Divina Cabin 9226? It looks like it has the deeper angle balcony?

here is an image of a similar balcony. It will have views forward only and will have , most probably, a sunny area an area of shade most of the time,(when the sun is on that side of the ship) You may even be able to have sun loungers put on the balcony . It won't do any harm to ask if you want them.

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

I think this is an image of a deck 13 balcony so has the deck 14 overhang at the outer edge of the balcony. \yours won; have such a deep "roof" and therefore a larger sunny area

Pete

standard balcony

P1060955.jpg

metal balcony sometimes called an "in-hull" balcony as it is behind a cut out opening in the hull

in%20hull%20balcony.jpg

Pete

Ohhh! Thanks Pete! We did end up getting it changed to room 11263. At least the room itself is bigger. Fingers crossed for a standard balcony.

Thanks for all your help!

Ohhh! Thanks Pete! We did end up getting it changed to room 11263. At least the room itself is bigger. Fingers crossed for a standard balcony.

Thanks for all your help!

11263 is a brilliant exchange cabin, it is a standard plexiglass balcony on the rear hump.

It will have good views in all directions and no deck 14 overhang.

enjoy your cruise

Pete

11263 is a brilliant exchange cabin, it is a standard plexiglass balcony on the rear hump.

It will have good views in all directions and no deck 14 overhang.

enjoy your cruise

Pete

That is fantastic news! Thanks again for all your help!

here is an image of a similar balcony. It will have views forward only and will have , most probably, a sunny area an area of shade most of the time,(when the sun is on that side of the ship) You may even be able to have sun loungers put on the balcony . It won't do any harm to ask if you want them.

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

I think this is an image of a deck 13 balcony so has the deck 14 overhang at the outer edge of the balcony. \yours won; have such a deep "roof" and therefore a larger sunny area

Pete

Thanks Pete! That's what I thought. We had one on deck 12 just like that previously!

Did I "hear" you or someone else say that this cabin has a tub? If so, then just a chair in place of a loveseat?

Thanks Pete! That's what I thought. We had one on deck 12 just like that previously!

Did I "hear" you or someone else say that this cabin has a tub? If so, then just a chair in place of a loveseat?

9226 According to my information has a tub, not sure about chair/sofa