getting a hotel when in port overnight (Santorini)

llcb

I'm looking at booking a 7 Day Idyllic Aegean on the Celestyal Olympia for 4 adults. It has an overnight stay in Santorini, arriving Thursday at 8am and leaving Friday at 11pm. I'm wondering about booking a hotel in Santorini on the Thurs night, rather than going back to the ship. I'd really like to maximize our experience in Santorini, and that cable car/tendering process seems like something I'll only want to do once each way. I know I'm "losing money" by not eating and spending the night on the ship, and I'm ok with that. Has anyway done this before and if so, could you share some tips. I'm open to all feedback on this idea b/c I'm fairly new to cruising and don't want to make any big mistakes! Thanks all!

I have not done this but sounds like a reasonable idea. I did a quick check on Hotels.com for an arbitrary date of 13 June 2018 and was surprised to see a hotel in Emporio, Santorini with a trip advisor rating of 4.9 / 5 listed for US$34 - I am shocked to see a hotel with that rating at that low a price (but perhaps that is still early in the season). I recommend that you also post your question on the Greece Ports Forum https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=594

Thom

• 1 month later...