Seaside Improved Yet?

estranged575

I have seen a couple of YouTube videos stating the Seaside is not up to snuff in the areas of entertainment (too many Operas) and the lunch buffet (only hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza).

Has anyone returned recently from the Seaside and has anything changed? Did you encounter any other deficiencies? Would you recommend this ship, or should I go back to NCL, RCCL or Carnival?

We just got off the Seaside on July 14th. We loved it. Most of the youtube videos are from the initial sailings. MSC has been very aggressive about addressing these concerns. In fact MSC hosts a wonderful CruiseCritic meet & greet with the Captain and all senior officers. A cake, snack (chocolate covered strawberries etc.) and cocktails are provided.

We had a very small room issue and the next day the Director of Housekeeping, Hotel Director, and other staff personnally visited the room to correct the issue. The issue involved the window coverings being slightly short allowing in morning sun.

Lunch buffett was nicely varied including pasta, Mexican, Ethnic, and more. Overall the food was good and service was great.

We did not attend any shows, not really our thing. The lounge acts were good and the Cruise Director and staff did a great job.

This was our second MSC cruise, did the Divina in 2016. We booked the Posesia for next year in northern Europe.

Hope this helps,

I have seen a couple of YouTube videos stating the Seaside is not up to snuff in the areas of entertainment (too many Operas) and the lunch buffet (only hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza).

Has anyone returned recently from the Seaside and has anything changed? Did you encounter any other deficiencies? Would you recommend this ship, or should I go back to NCL, RCCL or Carnival?

There is only 1 opera show and the issue with buffet is totally fixed, lots of options. The MSC entertainment is the best at sea. IMO

I saw this person video you are talking about and He is WAY OFF BASE. I believe he's into the American type cruise lines.

I had the pleasure of sailing on Seaside 4 weeks ago and all I can say is WOW.

Outstanding ship very beautiful with great site lines. Service was right up there and the shows where outstanding. Yes there was ONE show that had opera but if you don't like that don't go.

That person also complained about the pools not having a area to stand and chat. Not true.. I don't believe he check out all the pools and there are a lot of pools to enjoy depending on your taste.

(I do have one small complaint. And that is the size of the showers in our statement room. Very small. But who spends that much time in the shower anyway.)

As for the food. I never went hungry. I had great service every night in the dinning room and food was typical of what you find on any cruise line. And the buffet food had many choses and I found it very tasty. Also went to the stake house and service and the food outstanding.

Yes on the first two days there is a lot of announcement's in 5 languages but after the second day that was cut down to a minimal. Yes there where a lot of people from different country's on board. I think there was only about 40% Americans. But I really enjoyed talking to everybody and learning about there home land and customs.

Again I can't say enough about how great the services and crew where. Always smiling and asking what they can do. And always saying hello.

You said you have cruised the American type cruise lines. I say give the Seaside a try I think you will be pleasantly surprise. Unless you like all things American.

Go with a open mind. And remember A Cruise Is What You Make It To Be.