Ordering multiple drinks on drinks packages

TnTom

On sea days, I like to hang out on my balcony- away from the madding crowds. My preference would be not to have to leave the cabin every time I want a drink refill... instead ordering three or four beers to stick in the mini-fridge for consumption during the afternoon.

I have sailed several lines, and there is usually a "one drink at a time" rule when using a package. However, I saw the following in the Drinks on Us description:

Can I order multiple drinks at a time with the drink packages?

You can order unlimited drinks for personal consumption only.

I think it is saying "yes", but I don't want to take it for granted.

This question is for anyone who has recently cruised on MSC using any of the drinks packages. Were you able to order multiple drinks at one time (and which package were you on)?

On sea days, I like to hang out on my balcony- away from the madding crowds. My preference would be not to have to leave the cabin every time I want a drink refill... instead ordering three or four beers to stick in the mini-fridge for consumption during the afternoon.

I have sailed several lines, and there is usually a "one drink at a time" rule when using a package. However, I saw the following in the Drinks on Us description:

This question is for anyone who has recently cruised on MSC using any of the drinks packages. Were you able to order multiple drinks at one time (and which package were you on)?

I've certainly been able to order drinks for my wife and myself just on my cruise card.

But this was after ordering drinks individually for the first couple of times.

I think that the bar staff get to know you pretty quickly and then it is no problem

I was on the All Inclusive basic package

Pete

I had the deluxe drinks package when I cruised on Divina in November.

Only once did I ever have an issue, when ordering two drinks from the bar by the main pool did they point black refuse until I got my partners card to prove we both had the package.

To counteract this though, we shared a table with two other couples (neither had the drinks package) in the MDR, and our waiter actually encouraged us to order glasses of champagne on the second formal night as he would simply bring out the bottle and six glasses for the table! I thought that this was a really nice gesture to our table mates, and swept away the (only) negative experience when ordering more than one drink beforehand.

I imagine you'll have no problem getting more than one drink on the package you have as you have to pay 15% service charge. Also, you can explain your reason for wanting to purchase more to the barman/server. They certainly will accommodate you once they get familiar with you. We've never had a problem ordering more than one drink on one card. You could also hit up a couple of different bars if you have a problem.